The IT Project Manager is responsible for developing and managing technology projects and their time, scope and quality. Duties include defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing business systems and processes. This can include communicating with various departments in our organization to ensure alignment. IT Project Managers need to excel working in a fast-paced, dynamic IT environment and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Sr. IT Project Manager is responsible for developing and managing technology projects and their time, scope and quality. Duties include defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing business systems and processes. This can include communicating with various departments in our organization to ensure alignment. IT Project Managers need to excel working in a fast-paced, dynamic IT environment and have excellent organizational and communication skills
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Assist projects teams with analysis, scope definition, requirements gathering and solution alignment
- Align project objectives with company goals. Ensure that the project team is clear on project success criteria and business value the project delivers.
- Work with IT leadership and Business Leaders to allocate resources
- Define and monitor project schedule, scope and deliverables.
- Prepare project documentation and keep it up to date; including project plan, schedule, action registers, risk registers, decision registers, communication and training plans
- Execute projects using Agile Project Management methodology.
- Analyze and improve project management and agile practices to increase project velocity
- Analyze and contribute to improving IT execution while providing solutions to operate more effectively
- Coaching/Training Team Members on Project Management and Agile Best Practices
- Work with project team to analyze projects are delivering desired outcomes
- Attend IT Steering Committee to provide updates and help steer project direction with senior leaders
- Prepare and distribute bi-weekly project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing trends
- Foster partnerships with senior Business Stakeholders
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve project risks and challenges
- Work multiple projects simultaneously
- Act as a scrum master and facilitate project team scrums and meetings, ensuring project documentation is updated after each meeting. Following up with stakeholders to ensure actions are completed.
WORK EXPERIENCE RECOMMENDATIONS
- 7+ years experience in project management, especially larger cross-functional projects with multiple system integrations
- PMP certification required
- Experience and/or certification in Agile or Agile Project Management
- Proven leadership skills
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, MS Office products, etc.
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.