As a D2L Solutions Engineer, you’ll spend every day helping those around you get the most out of D2L products and services. Supporting the sales team, you’ll help prospective and existing clients by understanding their unique needs and proposing a solution to meet those needs.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
You have a dream. That dream is to travel, meet interesting people, garner applause and not bore anyone when you talk about your job. You want to be respected for your Ed Tech know-how, and admired for your humour and presentation skills. You are charming and easy going, humorous and articulate, keen and hard-working. You can patiently help your elderly relative figure out his phone, and speak to an IT professional about their plans to integrate systems.
You are our Solutions Engineer. You will be part of a team of gifted technical communicators and problem solvers. Your job is to dive in and understand our prospect's business and needs, and to identify how our tools and products can be used to make their lives easier and their workflows smarter. You will work with your sales reps to get close to our prospects and develop relationships with their staff. You will pore over large RFPs - identifying gaps and opportunities. You will breeze through complex product demonstrations with barely a sweat.
As a Solutions Engineer, you can expect to:
- Become a hands-on expert in the Brightspace platform. You won’t just need theoretical knowledge of how things work, but you will be expected to try things out and make sure they work in practice. You will need to get creative and sometimes approach and re-approach a solution until you find the right fit
- Prepare and present persuasive and expertly tailored product demonstrations before a wide variety of audiences and under challenging circumstances. Audiences could be new or seasoned users, executives at a conference table, university faculty in a lecture theatre or HR and L&D professionals piled into stadium seating. Needs could be vague or extremely unique, and timelines to prepare can vary
- Read through incoming Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for your reps and identify gaps and what products and services are required. Then you will work closely with our Inside Solution Engineers and RFP Proposal Managers to write clear, accurate and succinct answers for RFP responses on deadlines
- Conduct needs analysis sessions with prospects to understand their infrastructure, needs and potential customisations they may require
- Provide feedback to product management teams regarding use cases and trends in the field
- Create technical documentation and materials as required for your prospects
- Be the conduit through which internal SMEs are contacted and engaged into sales opportunities
- Attend sales presentations, meetings, and conferences as required (travel ~50%)
What we expect from you:
- Applicants must be very comfortable with technology and a ‘button clicker’ personality
- Applicants must be familiar with learning management systems, Brightspace being a bonus
- Applicants should also understand the technology ecosystem that surrounds an LMS and the types of responsibilities and concerns users have that run those systems
- Applicants should have a deep interest in education, corporate learning and educational technology
- Applicants should be confident in front of audiences in an ‘expert’ capacity
- Applicants should be highly engaging in person and virtually
- Applicants must have excellent writing and comprehension skills
- Applicants should be experienced working with remote teams and communicating via instant messaging, online forums, and through email
- Applicants should be moderately comfortable with last minute demands for travel and be ready to be flexible with a variety of incoming requests
- Experience meeting multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and analytical skills
- Must be able to travel 50%+
- Completed Degree
- Fluent in Spanish is essential
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work schedules
- Two paid volunteer days
- Professional development and career growth
- Employee wellbeing
- Focus on diversity and inclusion
- Collaborative work environment
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.