As a D2L Pre-Sales Consultant, you’ll spend every day helping those around you get the most out of D2L products and services.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As a D2L Pre-Sales Consultant, you’ll spend every day helping those around you get the most out of D2L products and services. Supporting the sales team, you’ll help prospective and existing clients by understanding their unique needs and proposing a solution to meet those needs. The goal, to gain new customers and educate existing customers, cannot be achieved without your in-depth product knowledge, communication and presentation skills. As a Pre-Sales Consultant, you’re excited to speak to everyone from learners and instructional designers, to a CIO or CEO, and your software demos and presentations provoke gasps of amazement, if not outright applause.
How will I make an impact?
- Develop and deliver custom demos and presentations that are clear and engaging, leaving your audience eager to use Brightspace
- Support the sales process by acting as an expert in D2L products and services, including functionality, usage, architecture, and deployment
- Assist Sales in qualifying opportunities and planning client engagement and win strategy
- Lead prospect discovery sessions to align client’s needs, goals, and objectives to D2L solutions; develop proposals and help to write RFP responses
- Actively drive and manage prospective clients’ technology evaluation, using your knowledge of the business environment, competitive landscape, and Brightspace differentiators
- Provide support to Sales Executives in closing deals and exceeding revenue objectives in an assigned territory
- Transition accounts and communicate business requirements to implementation teams
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 2+ years of experience in a Pre-Sales focused capacity, Sales Engineer or related role
- Technical understanding of enterprise software and web
- Strong drive to achieve results
- Organized and analytical, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business challenges and apply creativity and problem-solving to meet client needs
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to speak with confidence to a variety of audiences, effectively articulating technical concepts in a clear and meaningful way
- Ability to work with a distributed team and travel as required
- Experience writing and/or supporting RFP’s
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while delivering great results
- Previous experience in the Education Technology or Corporate Learning, specifically Continuing Education, Extended Enterprise, and Internal Learning/Training
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer and professional development days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.