Looking for technical leader who is passionate about high performance and prioritizing the performance of their team
The Development Manager is crucial to the success and the productivity of the department. A successful Development Manager ensures teams are working effectively to deliver high quality software at a predictable cadence, while developing the individuals to their full potential.
You are passionate about high performance and put the development of the team above you as an individual.
As you grow in this role, you continue to keep up-to-date and innovate with the latest in web, mobile and software technologies. You continuously learn the best practice to manage teams to high performance. You take pride not just getting things done, but getting them done well.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Build it right. Ensure solutions are built with high quality, using simple clean designs according to sound architectural principles.
- Develop and grow your people. Coach and enable the growth of people on the team.
- Remove road blocks. Support the team by guiding them on overcoming impediments to their success.
- Enable effective process. Act as Scrum Master and/or Agile coach to ensure the team is operating effectively.
- Create reliable plans. Work with the team to estimate work, assess risk and provide effective delivery plans.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams and roles to ensure alignment and achievement of higher level goals.
- Assess new technologies and determine how to utilize them to improve product lines.
- Drive a culture of high quality and innovation,by collaborating with Architects, Product Managers and your peers.
- Improve how we deliver software. We want people how are driven to improve all of Product Development, beyond just their team.
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proven experience of successfully managing and leading Agile teams.
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Agile methodologies.
- Experience managing people to high performance and reaching their potential
- Hands on experience building software.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.