As a Technical Recruiter, you will help build the pipeline of future D2Lers, own hiring targets, drive results, and evolve the Talent Acquisition strategy. As an extraordinary recruiter – you can source, screen, and interview candidates – driving exceptional candidate experience. You are in a unique position to impact both growth and culture of D2L.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you will help build the pipeline of future D2Lers, own hiring targets, drive results, and evolve the Talent Acquisition strategy. As an extraordinary recruiter – you can source, screen, and interview candidates – driving exceptional candidate experience. You are in a unique position to impact both growth and culture of D2L. An important part of this role, and D2L overall, is our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity practices; you will lead and support project initiatives to improve DEI practices in D2L talent attraction, recruitment and selection, assist with manager enablement as it relates to DEI.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition you work closely with our Technology, Engineering and Design client group to provide recruitment advice, consultative support and decision-making insights, while helping to drive Talent Acquisition strategies and programs across D2L. This position will focus on hiring exceptional candidates into roles like Software Developers, Test Developers, and Product Designers (among others).
You successfully manage, prioritize and close searches against a timeline and have experience setting benchmarks, metrics, and understand how to prioritize to hit all customer SLAs. You manage the entire candidate process: our process is high-tech, but our practice is high touch. The incumbent demonstrates a passion for sourcing, hiring, and innovation. We expect our Talent Acquisition Specialists to think like an owner and have an impact outside of the core recruiting function. In addition to partnering with the business, this role will partner closely with many members of our People & Culture team to leverage external expertise that will ensure a positive candidate experience, new hire job fit, and to evolve the Talent Acquisition strategy.
We would welcome and encourage applications from individuals who identify as BIPOC or those from gender or sexually diverse communities.
How will I make an impact?
- Develop recruiting strategies for open positions in partnership with Hiring Managers
- Identify and implement methods of attracting and acquiring high performance talent for technical roles like Software Developer, Test Developer, and Product Designers
- Define and build out effective recruiting processes
- Ensure a high touch candidate experience from beginning to end while owning full life cycle responsibilities
- Ensure data integrity in relation to recruitment reporting and information
- Leverage data to keep abreast of potential issues, trends and to assist in driving strategy
- Source, build and nurture a network of contacts and a pipeline of talent to facilitate timely solutions to future resourcing requests
- Proactively source and recruit passive talent to join the D2L team globally
- Manage full cycle recruiting process with a focus on strong hiring manager partnership and candidate advocacy
- Work with Hiring Managers by providing expertise, and collaboration to hire the best talent
- Combine social media, networking, the employee value proposition, technology and process to enhance recruiting both inside and outside D2L and drive the talent brand
- Elevate the candidate experience both internally and externally
- Increase business visibility externally and establish D2L as a destination employer by sourcing and managing talent meet-up’s
- Highly involved in various talent acquisition projects, programs and events, including delivering training session for managers, people and culture events, and other programs.
- Align Talent Acquisition strategy to business needs and actively participate in the development of a global recruitment strategy
- Conduct various research projects and prepare recruiting reports as needed
- Provide an inclusive candidate experience for individuals from all backgrounds
- Work collaboratively across our PnC Team – with an attitude of no matter if it’s in my role or not, “it simply needs to get done”.
- Ensure a high level of data integrity with our ATS and other People systems, processes
- Serve as a mentor through creative thinking and acting as a subject matter expert on all recruiting related activities to all members of the team
- Champion and enable diversity, inclusion and equity practices across the Talent Acquisition team
What you’ll bring to the role:
- At least 5 years of experience in full-cycle recruitment, ideally of technical roles, within a fast paced, demanding, global environment
- Savvy with creative sourcing techniques, such as social media, networking events, job postings, networking, and LinkedIn
- Must be a go-getter individual that can work in a fast-paced environment
- Have a demonstrated capability of remaining calm under pressure and handling a high volume of competing priorities simultaneously, driving results
- Be able to demonstrate that you see recruitment beyond the transactions and understand the importance of talent brand to a successful global talent acquisition strategy
- Creative, resourceful and proficient with social recruitment technologies
- Outstanding collaborative abilities, with demonstrated leadership skills
- Past experience with building effective relationships with diverse teams, candidates, clients, and Hiring Managers with an ability to communicate effectively with candidates and business leaders at all levels
- Proficiency with ATS systems and MS Office
Kitchener, Toronto, or Remote Canada
Education background in Human Resources, Business, and/or in a relevant program
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.