You understand testing, you understand coding, and you strive to use both skills to improve the testing of our products and services.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Do you have the talent and drive to help us change how the world learns? Test Developers at D2L are passionate about building quality, secure, high performing software. They tackle tough technical and non-technical testing challenges.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
You will contribute to technology that will transform teaching and learning for millions of people. Improving education for millions of people provides a rare opportunity to make a real and significant difference in the world!
- You will work on an Agile development team which includes Developers, Testers, Designers, Product Managers, and a Development Manager
- Teams can tackle any problem in any area, ensuring exposure to a variety of problems and technologies
- All members of the team contribute to the definition, requirements, development, and testing of the problems we are solving
- Our testers are flexible, and can adapt how they spend their time according to the needs of their team and projects
- Take charge of your team’s overall quality strategy; help the team to adapt and optimize for quality up front, rather than providing a safety net to catch failures
- Leverage your strengths to help your team improve quality in various ways: perhaps you’ll contribute to product code, participate in code reviews, design and write automated tests, plan and execute exploratory testing, implement reliability engineering strategies, or take on any other activities that will help your team increase confidence in what they’re building
- Coach other members of your team about how to approach quality-related activities, and foster a mature quality culture within the team
- Be a compelling communicator of quality concerns
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
Your experience is important, but most of all we are looking for people who are quick to learn, passionate about what they do, and are eager to collaborate with others to create innovative products that will delight and inspire our users. In general we are looking for:
- You are an expert in finding defects and design issues in software during all phases of the software development process
- You have a high bar for quality, software performance, and security
- You create and nurture feedback loops to provide information for continuous improvement of testing
- You identify risks and gaps in analysis and test coverage through sound critical thinking
- You design effective automation tests and contribute to automation frameworks
- You collaborate effectively, helping your team to develop testable features, and identifying test tasks during design
- You are passionate about our users and are their advocates in the development process
OPEN, COLLABORATIVE, LEARNING
- Join and help lead one of D2L's Communities of Practice to sharpen your skills and discuss big picture issues
- Attend one of many internal lunch and learns
- Attend conferences and workshops
- Propose approaches to solve common problems - we welcome all new ideas
- Mentor and learn
- Be an active member of the testing community, always pushing the boundaries of testing methodologies
Bachelor's degree or diploma in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline.
Why D2L Kitchener is awesome!
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.