We are looking for developers that will help us advance our goal of using technology to transform teaching and learning around the world.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for developers who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people, like you, opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
How will I make an impact?
We are looking for seasoned software developers who are passionate about developing software using engineering best practices. Senior software developers use past experiences & know-how to enable teams to be more productive & effective through the code they write, the decisions they make and knowledge they share. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we are investing in the right technology and effectively advancing our goal.
We need software developers to work on a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to: distributed systems, machine learning, user interfaces, mobile and cloud computing.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Strong communication skill for technical discussions and collaboration
- Experience with OO design and proficient coding skills (ie: C++, C# or Java)
- Strong understanding of Computer Science topics including: data structures, algorithms, databases, distributed systems
- A body of work demonstrating a consistent ability to complete technically challenging work
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical discipline
Why D2L Kitchener is awesome!
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.