The Senior Sales Executive, will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for an assigned territory by promoting and selling the D2L product suite through professional sales techniques. This role needs to be highly knowledgeable with the ability to sell high-value complex software solutions to the corporate vertical. You will spend the majority of the role in field developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Senior Sales Executive will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for an assigned United Arab Emirates territory by promoting and selling the D2L product suite through professional sales techniques. The Senior Sales Executive needs to be highly knowledgeable with the ability to sell high-value, complex solutions into the Education, Corporate & Government sectors. The Senior Sales Executive will spend the majority of the role in field developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business. Prior experience of the Education sector, learning management systems or human capital management systems would be a distinct advantage.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Responsible for exceeding revenue objectives within your assigned territory
- Make prospecting an integral part of your regular routine ensuring new prospects are being added to the sales funnel on an ongoing basis
- Manage a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 6 month to 12 month purchasing cycle
- Move the sale through the entire sales process actively engaging other D2L resources as necessary to ensure success
- Take an active role in the RFP process
- Continually learn about new products and improve selling skills
- Attend training events throughout the year and participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate
- Be well informed about current industry trends and speak intelligently about the corporate vertical in the assigned area/region
- Understand all D2L Partner relationships and how they relate to D2L sales
- Effectively using the sales CRM tool to enter all sales information into this system
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
- Prepare written presentations, reports and price quotations
- Assist in contract negotiations
- Build and manage a quantifiable 12-month sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently deploy D2L resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process
- Develop positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Professional Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments as needed
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Fluent in English and Arabic
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Proven sales experience in the e-Learning, Education Technology, HCM and/or complex solution software sales industries
- Must have strong understanding of enterprise software sales cycles and dealing with top decision makers
- Knowledge of e-Learning/Education industry preferred
- Track record of successful achievement of assigned quotas
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational and presentation skills
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Working knowledge of web and database technology
- Bachelor's degree recommended (technical, business or education-related is ideal)
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work schedules
- Two paid volunteer days
- Professional development and career growth
- Employee wellbeing
- Focus on diversity and inclusion
- Collaborative work environment
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.