As a Senior Sales Executive you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Desire2Learn product suite through professional sales techniques. We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable senior sales individual with a proven track record of selling high-value complex solutions to the Education, Corporate and Government industry. The SSE must possess an in depth knowledge of the Higher Education and Further Education industry, K-12 is an added bonus. The SSE will spend the majority of his/her time in the field developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
As a Senior Sales Executive you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives of the assigned territory by promoting and selling the Brightspace product suite through professional sales techniques. We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable senior sales individual with a proven track record of selling high-value complex solutions within Higher Education. The SSE must possess an in depth knowledge of the Higher Education and further education industry, K-12 is an added bonus. The individual will spend the majority of their time in the field developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas for defined area/region within Higher Education
- Make prospecting an integral part of your regular routine ensuring new prospects are being added to the sales funnel on an ongoing basis
- Managing a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 6 month to 12 month purchasing cycle. Moving the sale through the entire sales process actively engaging other Desire2Learn resources as necessary to ensure success
- Taking an active role in the RFP process
- Continually learning about new products and improving your selling skills. The SSE will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the education industry in the assigned area/region
- Becoming familiar with all D2L Partner relationships and how they relate to D2L sales
- Effectively using the sales CRM tool to enter all sales information into this system
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
- Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations
- Assisting in contract negotiations
- Building and managing a quantifiable 12 month sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently deploying D2L resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process
- Developing positive relationships with other employees in Marketing, Professional Services, Finance, Engineering and other departments as needed
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years’ sales experience in the eLearning, education, and/or complex solution software sales industries. Knowledge of eLearning/education industry preferred.
- Successful achievement of 1M+ quotas, consultative enterprise/solution or technical sales
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Working knowledge of web-based applications, including Web 2.0, software design and architecture, databases including MS SQL, application servers, and .NET technologies
- This position requires the SSE to work out of home as base of operations
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor's degree recommended (technical, business or education-related is ideal)
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.