The Sales Executive will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for an assigned territory by promoting and selling the D2L product suite through professional sales techniques.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
As a D2L Senior Sales Executive you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives for an assigned territory by promoting and selling the D2L product suite through professional sales techniques. We are looking for a highly knowledgeable and capable senior sales individual with a proven track record of selling high-value complex solutions to the Education industry. Candidates must possess an in depth knowledge of the Higher Education industry, K-12 is an added bonus. The Sales Executive will spend the majority of his/her time in field developing and cultivating prospects, moving them through the sales process and closing new business.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Meeting and exceeding set sales quotas for defined area/region
- Making prospecting an integral part of your regular routine ensuring new prospects are being added to the sales funnel on an ongoing basis
- Managing a complex, enterprise solution sale with a 6 to 12 month purchasing cycle. Moving the sale through the entire sales process actively engaging other D2L resources as necessary to ensure success
- Taking an active role in the RFP process
- Continually learning about new products and improving your selling skills. The SSE will be required to attend training events throughout the year and will be expected to participate in self-paced tutorial learning when appropriate
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the education industry in the assigned area/region
- Becoming familiar with all D2L Partner relationships and how they relate to D2L sales
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows
- Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations
- Assisting in contract negotiations
- Building and managing a quantifiable 12 month sales pipeline
- Effectively and efficiently deploy D2L resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5-7+ years’ sales experience in the eLearning, education, and/or complex solution software sales industries
- Must have strong understanding of software sales cycles and dealing with top decision makers within education
- Knowledge of eLearning/education industry preferred
- Successful achievement of 1M+ quotas
- Ability to manage a pipeline of 50+ accounts at any given time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must possess strong leadership, motivational, and presentation skills
- Proven success prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions
- Working knowledge of web and database technology
- This position requires the SSE to work out of home as base of operations
- Must be able to travel 50%+
- Languages: Fluent in English and Mandarin and/or Cantonese is mandatory
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.