As a Senior Project Manager, you will work directly with clients and our Implementation team to deliver industry leading learning solutions to our clients.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Project Manager, working as part of the Project Management group within Professional Services, will oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of single or multiple client projects from beginning to end, including responsibility for project scope, costs, and deliverables. The Project Manager will have the ability to manage and implement projects from initiation to final operational stage as well as lead empowered, matrixed, virtual teams to include Desire2Learn, Client and potentially 3rd party personnel. They will also have the ability to develop, administer and control the budget and P&L for the project.
As the Project Manager you will also be responsible for the Mentorship & Coaching of new staff and supporting the Practice Leadership process & procedure development & governance ensuring operational excellence across the Project Management Team. Ability to work flexible hours as required.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Oversee the implementation of large strategic, state wide projects to customers
- Effectively manage client expectations by understanding client's point of view & needs while simultaneously achieving Desire2Learn's goals.
- Proactively influences internal teams & clients to apply, and/or adhere to, standard project methodology to ensure project performance
- Coordinate multiple related projects and ongoing operations directed toward a common objective
- Accountable for cost, schedule, and performance of component projects and operations
- Supports Practices Leaders in maintaining & advancing departmental policies, procedures and goals
- Determines and coordinates the sharing of resources among constituent projects to the overall benefit of the project
- Performs resource planning; ensures staffing requirements are met
- Participates in interviews, hiring, coaching & mentoring of new PMs
- Keep informed on local, provincial, and federal Government Relations initiatives that support and/impact D2L’s business while proactively championing and advancing D2L’s learning imperatives related to implementations
- Lead government implementations and efforts to enhance D2L coverage and adoption throughout the Canadian government
- Build and manage a network of government relationships at all pertinent levels for government implementations - maintain knowledge of key contacts and structures of government, as well as communications protocols, policy and legislative development procedures
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a project management role
- Bilingual in French and English is required
- ITIL and Six Sigma certification preferred
- Experience working with cross functional teams using techniques of influence and negotiation
- Demonstrated experience in managing end-to-end project lifecycles including business requirements analysis and definition, architecture and operational readiness through to implementation
- Competent in use of MS Project, MS Office, MS Outlook, MS Visio and other office tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Works proactively and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent projects
- Ability to handle many small projects at one time, or a few medium/large projects
Please note that this role will require Reliability Clearance and Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business management, project or program management, computer science or a related field
- Certified PMP (Project Management Professional) or equivalent designation considered an asset
Why we're awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.