D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Senior Product Manager, K12 is a strategic leader that provides guidance and expertise to the organization about the K12 market and D2L’s participation in that market. They are responsible to act as the champion and liaison throughout the organization to understand, advocate for, and communicate the priorities and key results of the K12 market. This is a leader who interacts regularly with executives, influences and collaborates on strategy as well as near-term goals across the organization, and helps inspire and guide teams throughout the organization to produce outcomes aligned to the strategy. The selected candidate will have a strong background in software product management and be a cross-functional leader, strategic thinker, continuous learner, and active contributor with the proven ability to deliver high-quality software solutions to the market.
Market: You will be the expert for your market
- Be the face of the K12 market and priorities with senior leadership
- Be the subject matter expert on the K12 market, including the size, space, history, and opportunities for D2L to make an impact
- Communicate audience-specific market views of the road map internally and externally
- Understand key competitors and their product-market fit alongside D2L’s
- Understand the key buyer and user personas, and drivers for purchase and adoption in K12
- Participate in and drive market development in K12
- Partner on sales enablement and GTM activities for releases, packages, products, and services offered
- Partner on sales forecasting and tracking activities
- Participate, as needed, in internal and external tradeshows to be the face of your market.
- Track various market goals and maintain a consolidated view of business results and the contribution the market is making.
- Own the K12 product roadmap for the organization. Map product priorities to market needs and business opportunities.
- Map the product features and functionality to discrete needs in the markets.
- Maximize business impact in your market by prioritizing product feature development and cross organizational resource allocation.
- Help to refine and maintain the value proposition as new features are released and changes occur in the market.
- Prioritize external partnerships for the K12 market and drive build/buy/partner decisions
- Align the products, product features, partners, service offerings into market ready offerings.
- Create and support business cases for new products or packages.
- Maintain a view of all products in the market and how they work together, relative importance in the portfolio, and the proposed evolution.
Customers: You will maintain a view of and work with both current and potential customers.
- Work with current and prospective customers to understand their product needs and priorities, participating in QBRs, customer advisory boards, and other client inputs
- Support market analysis and targeting based on customer needs and product market fit
- Review product roadmap with clients, and enable appropriate roadmap communications via other groups including Customer Success and Sales
- Support sales process w/ presentations, strategy, RFPs, etc.; maintain a view of differentiators and gaps including the most requested / needed feature priorities for the K12 market
- Partner with sales enablement to keep our sales teams trained and appraised on the latest developments with our product and in the market.
- Track customer retention / churn and partner on appropriate strategies.
- Communicate and connect the dots cross-functionally to show the organization the impact they are having on our customers and sales process
Work Experience Recommendations:
- Minimum of 8+ years in progressive software product management roles, with at least 3 years of product leadership / ownership at a strategic level
- Experience providing guidance and expertise at an organizational level
- Excellent communication and customer conversation skills and public speaking experience
- Passion for education
- EdTech Product Management experience focused on K-12
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with a cross-functional team across all areas of the organization including product, engineering, sales, marketing, and customer experience
- Experience coordinating among groups, building and strengthening networks across functions
- Experience defining and communicating outcomes, scope, acceptance criteria
- Experience assessing the scope and effort required to deliver required software solutions
- A strong understanding of current web, data, cloud and mobile technologies
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to take a leadership role when making data driven decisions
- Individual must be a creative thinker, confident and able to express complex ideas in an articulate, concise manner – especially to senior executives.
- Agile planning methods and practices
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Education, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields of study.
This is a remote position requiring frequent online meetings, and occasional travel to client sites, sales presentations, and conferences
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.