The Senior Product Manager for Analytics will be responsible for the success of their product features, from overall product alignment to specific product requirements through to delivery to the market and end-of-life. The selected candidate will have a strong background in software product management and be a cross-functional leader, strategic thinker, continuous learner, and active contributor with the proven ability to deliver high-quality software solutions to the market.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Sr. Product Manager will be responsible for the success of their product category, from overall product roadmap to specific product requirements through to delivery to the market and end of life. They will have a strong background in product management and be a cross-functional, strategic thinker with the proven ability to deliver high-quality software solutions to the market.
You will be responsible for driving the market analysis, product strategy and definition, business case, competitive analysis, partner interaction and customer management associated with such products. You will need extensive experience in managing a product through all phases of the product life cycle, including concept, definition, planning, development and implementation.
This includes being responsible for the execution of planned products and projects and delivery of the products with the goal of increasing the adoption of existing products and introducing and developing new products to increase market share and revenue.
This role will be instrumental in conceiving, defining, planning and executing on a product roadmap that directly contributes to our organization’s success in the K-12, Higher Education and Corporate markets.
- Develop and maintain the product and feature roadmap for Analytics products that consider business viability, value to the customer, feasibility and usability in collaboration with engineering and design;
- Solicit inputs for your roadmap by collaborating with engineering, marketing, sales, customer engagement and other stakeholders that addresses pressing customer requirements;
- Work closely with the leadership and strategy teams to translate the organizational strategy, business/market requirements, product backlog into a product roadmap;
- Effectively translate the product vision and roadmap into product requirements for each initiative, including functional needs, supported use cases/workflows constraints, and success criteria;
- Lead the complete product development lifecycle in an agile environment from developing use cases to product delivery in market, to post release and end of life;
- Collaborate with engineering, design, functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met;
- Demonstrate the ability to drive product innovation, advocate for product direction and build new industry-leading analytics products or cloud services;
- Ensure all the portfolio’s release candidates meet product requirements;
- Collaborate with customers, Market Strategy, Architecture, Design, Engineering, PMO, Implementation, Support and Marketing teams throughout the product life cycle to ensure new solutions meet our business and market objectives;
- Develop and regularly maintain a data-driven product backlog to deliver on the product vision and roadmap. Regularly collect market input (customers, sales, service, competitive intelligence, etc.) and update the backlog accordingly;
- Conduct feasibility analysis (ROI, etc.), business case development and build/buy/partner evaluations;
- Represent D2L thought leadership at industry events.
Education and/or Job Knowledge or Skill Requirements:
(level of education/equivalent experience required)
We are looking for a highly motivated, results-driven strategic thinker, who has strong business and technical skills. You should have demonstrated expertise in Product Management including product planning, market research, competitive analysis, product positioning, enablement, evangelism and product marketing.
- 3-5 years’ experience in software product management;
- Strong interest in Education and learning analytics. Educational space experience an asset but not essential;
- In-depth experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Leveraging Big Data and Data Warehousing tools and techniques to generate business value
- Using Business Intelligence (Reporting, Basic Analytics, Predictive Analytics and Prescriptive Analytics) to provide actionable insights and stories to business users
- Building enterprise software and infrastructure / tools;
- Strong technical background in Analytics, BI, Big Data;
- Product management of analytics enterprise Cloud services and data visualizations (big plus);
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded. Ability to solve complex problems in an organized way;
- Product management experience focused on turning raw data into information and then knowledge that you can act on to improve results;
- Ability to 100% own initiatives. Self-motivated and can operate and execute with a sense of urgency, discipline, decisiveness and focus;
- Proven ability to meet or exceed assigned targets, budgets and deadlines;
- Understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems and opportunities customers face in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, our product(s) to address them, balanced against our business context and constraints;
- Proven ability to confidently and clearly communicate both technical and business topics to a variety of groups, including customers, senior leadership team, designers, architects and developers;
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with a cross-functional team consisting of Engineering, Design Architecture, Product Management, and Marketing.
Why we’re awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office (Kitchener)
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.