The Product Manager will be responsible for the success of their product features, from overall product alignment to specific product requirements through to delivery to the market and end-of-life.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the success of their product features, from overall product alignment to specific product requirements through to delivery to the market and end-of-life. The selected candidate will have a strong background in software product management and be a cross-functional leader, strategic thinker, continuous learner, and active contributor with the proven ability to deliver high-quality software solutions to the market.
This role will be instrumental in executing on an existing roadmap as well as contributing to future strategic planning.
How will I make an impact?
- Exercise curiosity and empathy in order to build products that our customers love. Initiate and involve both internal and external stakeholders in user empathy and discovery sessions.
- Define a vision for your products and/or features that reinforce a persuasive vision of the future of learning.
- Create strategy for your product or features which identifies lucrative market opportunities, grows the product portfolio and drives the go-to-market execution.
- Define end-to-end tactics, milestones and success metrics that are easily understood and measurable.
- Actively develop and maintain a data-driven product roadmap
- Effectively translate the product vision and roadmap into product requirements for initiatives, including functional needs, supported use cases/workflows constraints, and success criteria
- Lead the complete product development life cycle in an agile environment from developing use cases to product delivery in market, to post release and end of life.
- Conduct feasibility analysis (ROI, etc.), business case development and build/buy/partner evaluations,
- Represent D2L thought leadership at industry events.
- Help us continuously improve the product management practice at D2L.
- Be a mentor to other product managers and assist with hiring and performance management.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast-paced technical environment in the role of Product Manager or Product Owner.
- Strong interest or experience in Competency Based Education & Skills Based Learning in Corporate.
- Experience defining and communicating outcomes, scope, acceptance criteria
- Experience assessing the scope and effort required to deliver required software solutions
- A strong understanding of current web, data, cloud and mobile technologies
- Ability to actively manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to take a leadership role when making data driven decisions
- Individual must be a creative thinker, confident and able to express complex ideas in an articulate, concise manner – especially to senior executives.
- Prior experience leading technical and business teams
- Agile planning methods and practices
- A sharp wit and finely tuned sense of humor desired
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields of study.
Why we’re awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office (Kitchener)
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.