As the Senior Pricing and Systems Analyst you will be part of the Finance team focused on assisting all aspects of the pricing and automation at D2L. In this role, you will be a critical part of ensuring successful execution of our pricing strategies, tools automation, reporting and enabling the sales team to quote and price with confidence.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
In your role, your responsibilities will be as follows:
You are a team player, with the perfect balance of organization and attention to detail that allows you
to get work done in a timely and accurate manner. Accountability, a desire to improve how things
operate and strong oral and written communication are some of your top qualities, and you are at your
best working in a rapidly changing environment. You will use these attributes to contribute to an
already exceptional Finance team!
As the Senior Pricing Analyst you will be part of the Finance team focused on assisting all aspects of the
pricing and automation at D2L with a focus on supporting and building our International Deal Desk
initiatives. Partnering closely with D2L’s sales team and the Deal Desk team you will have the ability to
meaningfully impact the financial outcomes of deals at D2L as the business continues to rapidly grow. In
this role, you will be a critical part of ensuring successful execution of our pricing strategies, process
optimization, reporting and enabling the sales team to quote and price with confidence.
Major Responsibilities How Will I Make an Impact?:
- Develop and review with the sales team strategic pricing proposals, assisting in real-time deal support and analysis via Salesforce
- Provide independent analysis, recommendations, and decisions for pricing of existing and new offerings predicated on customer value, competitive positioning, internal costing and other relevant considerations
- Work closely with the sales and legal teams to ensure pricing in contracts comply with company policies and review pricing within contracts, amendments, and renewals
- Analyze revenue, margins and profitability and present relevant information to the management team
- Work closely with sales enablement, legal operations, and sales operations to ensure the international sales organization is enabled on pricing strategies and process best practices
- Communicate insights from your experience in deal support to management, suggesting changes and improvements to result in an optimal and regionally sensitive pricing strategy
- Advocate for the needs of sales teams you support, partnering with key stakeholders and solutioning common challenges
- Recommend and execute process improvements to support the global sales organization, with a focus on a positive customer experience
- Deep understanding of business processes and an ability to propose improvements in the pricing tool to support efficiency in day-to-day operations
- Support leadership in reviewing competitive intelligence and market analysis to shape and develop pricing strategies
- Support leadership in the implementation and maintenance of processes to monitor and report on pricing strategies, KPIs and results across all markets
- Special projects as required
What you’ll bring to the role:
- You have experience in a CRM system - experience with Salesforce.com and CPQ is desired
- You have exceptional business analysis, project management, and analytical skills
- You are organized and have a strong ability to balance multiple priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- You solve cross functional problems with consideration to the broader impact of decisions and actions
- You solve problems with consideration to the financial, operational and customer impacts while striving for best practice and prioritizing requirements in the context of available resources
- Your curiosity and desire for excellence fuels your focus on continuous process improvement
- You have a strong interpersonal and communication skills allowing you to act as a key liaison with internal and external stakeholders
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills allowing you to solve complex problems
- You are a team player with strong leadership skills
- You have strong Excel and data analysis skills, with a proven ability to organize and analyze large sets of data into insights
- Experience in the software industry is considered an asset
- Experience with a global, multi-currency organization is considered an asset
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.