The Senior Manager, Sales and Marketing Systems reports directly to the Senior Director, Sales and Marketing Operations and will be responsible for the day-to-day systems support of the Marketing and Sales Organizations. Key to this role is a deep understanding and commitment to data quality and familiarity with the Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM) and Marketing Automation Systems (MAS).
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Senior Manager, Sales and Marketing Systems reports directly to the Senior Director, Sales and Marketing Operations and will be responsible for the day-to-day systems support of the Marketing and Sales Organizations. Key to this role is a deep understanding and commitment to data quality and familiarity with the Customer Relationship Management systems (CRM) and Marketing Automation Systems (MAS). This role encompasses data normalization procedures, efficient development of processes, and cross-functional communications that support the sales and marketing activities. Additionally, this role will manage a small team of 1-2 people as well as working cross functionally with sales, marketing, customer success, enablement, and IT.
How will I make an impact:
Support the design, development and execution of Marketing and Sales systems
- Create, enhance, and modify tech stack processes and procedures across a variety of systems used to support sales and marketing activities
- Work with stakeholders across the business to assess current processes and recommend improvements
- Maintain and evolve the mechanisms for campaign and opportunity development, and ongoing management for sales and marketing execution
- Work with various departments including Sales, Marketing, and IT to improve sales and marketing processes to achieve organization objectives
- Analyze input and suggest improvements to increase sales and marketing adoption of systems
- Liaise with vendors as required for systems within sales and marketing tech stack
- Research and implement best practices for sales and marketing activities and systems
- Triaging and facilitating change requests from teams
Manage projects as related to the Sales and Marketing tech stack
- Conduct analysis, gather requirements and create project plans alongside IT to ensure stakeholder requirements are met
- Manage the software approval process alongside IT and Finance for any new system requests as well as ongoing renewals
- Oversee projects from conception to completion ensuring all relevant stakeholders are involved, communicated to, and understand their roles within the project
- Hold others accountable to ensure deliverables are met and key project milestones are achieved
Assist in the ongoing support and development of the Sales and Marketing Database
- Customer and prospect data validations, updates, cleansing logic and reporting
- Work alongside reporting to ensure critical data is current and maintained
- Ensure all marketing and sales activities and data capture processes are maintained
- Support the marketing and sales teams in creating, validating, and developing campaigns and opportunities using the tech stack
Communication and Training
- Lead change management strategy and communication to support cross-functional teams adapting to process and system enhancements
- Create documentation that outlines processes and procedures to be used in training and development of the sales and marketing teams
- Support the BDR organization in onboarding and training
- Provide initial and ongoing training and technical support for new and existing CRM and MAS users
Assist in ad-hoc Marketing analysis, initiatives or special projects as required
What you'll bring to the role:
- 7+ years previous experience with relevant marketing and sales systems namely, SaleForce, Marketo and Demandbase preferred
- Expertise in managing marketing automation, specifically Marketo strongly preferred
- Strong marketing operations background preferred
- Strong analytics skills with the ability to determine and make appropriate recommendations to the business
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Sharepoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented, self-directed, organized and efficient at time management
- High degree of professionalism, integrity, and ability to exercise excellent discretion and judgment when dealing with confidential information
- High energy, results oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Track record of success in working in and influencing a fast-paced, fast-growing global organization
- Ability to influence and direct team cross functionally without direct control
- Team player with a strong collegial style able to operate at all levels in a matrixed organization
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Able to operate successfully in a global organization with the entrepreneurial spirit and mindset to make things happen
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.