The Senior Manager, Product Marketing is responsible for developing comprehensive positioning, messaging, marketing assets, content, customer advocacy assets, and marketing plans for sales and marketing teams, working closely with the product management team to determine the most profitable course for each existing and new product.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Senior Manager, Product Marketing is responsible for developing comprehensive positioning, messaging, marketing assets, content, customer advocacy assets, and marketing plans for sales and marketing teams, working closely with the product management team to determine the most profitable course for each existing and new product. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results.
The incumbent plays a lead role within the marketing team in generating strong momentum ahead of new product launches and for driving sales and adoption of existing products. They back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
They will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. The lead a team that includes Customer Advocacy and Content Marketing to make sure that the customer voice is infused into the messaging and marketing assets. They are obsessed with tracking performance, and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t.
In addition to the marketing team, they will regularly collaborate with product managers, sales channels and leadership across the company; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of product capabilities to develop comprehensive positioning, messaging and marketing plans for sales and marketing teams
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Develop and co-ordinate execution of go-to-market strategy for new products and initiatives
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates us in the market, leveraging research on buyer behavior, data on past initiatives, and market opportunities.
- Lead a team of Product, Advocacy and Content Marketers through managing day to day activities, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, and ensuring continued progress on key marketing activities.
- Interface with other members of the marketing team to develop/adapt marketing campaigns/materials including demand generation and other activities to build awareness for and drive new business for specified D2L solutions
- Write product focused marketing collateral and create baseline materials for the web
- Create sales support materials to ensure sales team can effectively communicate offerings
- Work closely with the sales team to launch and position new solutions in market
- Measure and report on program effectiveness
- Work and track within defined budget
- Conduct regular touchpoint meetings with the team members to ensure continued progress and allow for feedback
- Take an active role in hiring, performance reviews, and building OKRs for the team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE
8+ years of progressive marketing experience and highly developed technical skills gained through thorough knowledge from increasing difficult work.
2+ years of managerial experience as a first level manager
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or equivalent in relevant field.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.