The Senior Implementation Consultant has responsibilities that traverse a broad spectrum of technical, business, and project accountability including: requirements facilitation, business analysis, technical solution design, and solution implementation.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As part of the Implementation and Customization team, the Senior Implementation Consultant provides technical leadership in the successful implementation of Desire2Learn solutions globally. The role has responsibilities that traverse a broad spectrum of technical, business, and project accountabilities including: requirements facilitation, business analysis, technical solution design, and solution implementation.
Senior Implementation Consultants work on both Pre Sales and Post Sales projects. They work closely with Project Managers, Clients, Sales, Product Development and Solutions Architects. This is a very project-oriented role and most of the tasks completed in this role would be considered billable. Travel may be required.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Primary technical contact in the Implementation Phase of D2L Solutions for medium and large sized clients
- Assess client technical readiness and plan software installation and configuration
- Requirements analysis with clients to establish an implementation and configuration plan for the solution.
- Propose, design, develop, and deploy standard product as well as custom technical solutions.
- Design, configure, and deploy integration solutions between enterprise systems such as the D2L suite of products and Student Information Systems.
- Support client acceptance testing of deployed solutions.
- Keep up to date with new technology trends to help facilitate client learning solutions.
- Maintain proficiency with D2L Web Services APIs to help clients develop custom integrations.
- Design and develop solutions using most effective technology for a given situation like XML, XSLT, MS SQL or various scripting languages.
- Provide strategic business consulting services to clients to help define and shape strategic eLearning vision, and also, to build a tactical plan executing on that vision
- Review Sales Engineer documentation
- Keep informed on local, provincial, and federal Government Relations initiatives that support and/impact D2L’s business while proactively championing and advancing D2L’s learning imperatives related to implementations
- Lead government implementations and efforts to enhance D2L coverage and adoption throughout the Canadian government
- Build and manage a network of government relationships at all pertinent levels for government implementations - maintain knowledge of key contacts and structures of government, as well as communications protocols, policy and legislative development procedures
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- At least five years of relevant work experience
- Bilingual in French and English
- At least 3 years of experience working with relevant programming technologies
- SOAP and REST APIs
- At least 3 years of experience working with Internet technologies, Web 2.0 concepts, Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Ability to multitask many simultaneous projects using strong organizational skills
- Confident and knowledgeable in Information Technology, including systems development lifecycle, business modeling, systems integration/implementation, methodologies, estimating and architecture
- Familiarity with end-to-end project lifecycle including business case definition, requirements & architecture through development & implementation
- Highly proactive and independent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of enterprise solution implementation to business customers
- Comfortable in communicating with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to derive requirements
- Familiar with Enterprise principles of Scalability and Reliability
- Expert in requirements facilitation and business process mapping
- Expert in translating requirements into technical solution design
Please note that this role will require Reliability Clearance and Secret Clearance.
- Bachelors of Computer Science, Applied Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Advanced degree in any of the above fields if work experience requirements are not met
Why we're awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.