As the Senior Systems and Data Analyst, you'll query, slice, and dice your way to providing the right data that our PnC and Leadership teams need to make strategic decisions!
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
What does People and Culture mean at D2L? It means you care about D2Lers, your teammates, and doing things with excellence and care while delivering awesome outcomes. It’s taking things that have been “always done that way” or “too busy to change” and finding outcomes that are best for our people and processes as we scale. It’s providing a great candidate and employee experience. It means you are collaborative, consultative, and that you’re supporting employees when they need it, and when they didn’t know they needed it. People and Culture at D2L is where you do the best work of your life, and support others to do the same.
If you’re one of those HR people who love systems, data and analysis, we have your next opportunity! Get in on the cutting edge of HR Analytics with our People and Culture (PnC) team. You will query, slice and dice your way to providing the right data that our PnC and Leadership teams need to make strategic decisions. You will be an Human Experience Management (HXM) and Applicant Tracking System (ATS) pro - but don’t worry, you will still get to interact with employees as you help them out with any questions and work collaboratively with the rest of our People and Culture team.
The Senior Systems and Data Analyst is responsible for the ongoing support and enhancement of all People and Culture technology systems within D2L. The role provides specialist advice and support to internal stakeholders regarding system capabilities, technical solutions and optimizations to meet business needs. You will lead systems-driven projects, evaluations and initiatives, and act as a technical mentor for the PnC Services team.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Act as an HXM system administrator, advisor, subject matter expert and technical mentor for the PnC team and other Admin Users.
- Identify areas to improve systems processes, functionality and workflow while maximizing technological capabilities to reduce manual processes and create more effective use of the HXM and other PnC systems
- Provide technical insights, advice, and analysis on any PnC systems or software evaluations, reviewing vendor options, features, and modules and making recommendations on the best solutions
- Manage the implementation of new PnC systems and technologies, including documentation of current / future – state processes, coordination of stakeholders and tasks, data mining, testing and training, and other related project activities
- Facilitate a strong partnership between People and Culture and system user communities to increase usage and self-service, including leading training and education sessions or creating content for systems course development
- Respond to employee inquires/questions with a ‘service-first’ mindset
- Conduct business analysis to define, design, document, test, and deploy features that propose viable solutions or improved processes to achieve current state requirements as well as the ability to scale for future requirements
- Anticipates clients long term needs by establishing a clear sense of their organizational and business unit strategies. Delivers and provides additional information beyond client expectations.
- Provide data analysis, offer insights and identify trends to the business, including the senior leadership team
- Provide oversight on data governance, including systems and dashboard architecture and maintenance
- Build custom reporting and dashboards to respond to People and Culture team and business requests
- Accountable for high level of data integrity, auditing, and enforcing data validation processes within the HXM
- Design, map out and document new workflows and business processes with a ‘Better, Smarter, Faster’ mentality
- Manage upcoming system releases, testing and reviewing for possible issues and correcting any negative impacts
- Compile weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting packages and dashboards
- Manage time away from work balance and liability reporting
Operations and Projects
- Help project manage PnC’s Employment Equity initiative and manage employee data collection in HXM, equity reports, and support any related Diversity & Inclusion activities and reporting analysis needs
- Communicates a clear vision for project initiatives and helps to translate vision into specific actions.
- Actively employs critical thinking towards anticipating trends in the external and internal environment by developing proactive plans to address or prevent future factors.
- Assist with regular operational reporting
- Document and maintain various processes
- Manage ad hoc People and Culture projects as requested
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment
- Experience administering and configuring an HRIS/HXM
- Experience with SharePoint, PowerBI (or Dashboard software), SQL and XML preferred
- Experience implementing an HXM an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proven ability to work with other MS Office tools
- Understands relational database concepts and can query and transform data dynamically using complex queries and scripting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for working with data
- Excellent attention to detail; understands the importance of data integrity
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholder groups
- Proven ability to identify process efficiencies and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Strength in organizing and coordinating multiple activities and projects at one time, while effectively managing disruptions and changing priorities
- Ability to independently exercise decision making authority over technical tasks and recommend system functionality to meet business requirements.
- Business acumen and curiosity
- Self-starter with proven initiative and a collaborative approach
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Human Resources or Data Science related field
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.