This role collaborates with business leaders to provide strategic operations and financial support, driving analysis and relevant insight to support business decisions.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
Responsible for oversight of the FP&A business partnering function. This role collaborates with business leaders to provide strategic operations and financial support, driving analysis and relevant insight to support business decisions. The Senior Director mentors and manages the FP&A team to deliver exceptional finance business partnership.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
Business Advice and Partnership
- Partner with CFO & Senior Leadership Team to develop short and long term financial plans
- Support multiple C-level executives with board content preparation
- Works closely with the COO to provide operations support
- Develop and present insights and recommendations to the business
- Align functional goals and strategies to broader global initiatives
- Assist senior leaders in establishing, tracking and analyzing KPI’s
- Develop a team of trusted business partners to support business units and senior leadership
- Develop a culture of business engagement:
- Integration of finance into the business; attend team meetings / understanding of the business
- Tailored, effective presentations, analysis and dialogue with business partners
- Dialogue around budget and spend to optimize budget and investments; return-on-investment discipline
- Timely, meaningful, robust business insight to help manage the business and enable management decision making
- Attract, recruit and train top talent into the Finance organization
- Mentor and manage a team of high performing finance talent by helping to create a center of excellence and instilling best practices across the Finance organization
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders
- Role model business partnering behaviours
- Provide active leadership to the Finance organization, developing and championing change processes, people and systems
- Lead budgeting, forecasting, management reporting
- Interpret and present key findings for senior leadership
- Enable management by providing timely, accurate information
- Understand business drivers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient process for monthly and quarterly performance reporting for optimal result
- Oversees preparation of various financial and business analysis to provide senior leadership with relevant and robust insight that will enable strategic business decisions
- Champion ad-hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and organization
- Decision support to business leaders on investment / project decisions
- Provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes - building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Relationship management skills
- Strategic thinking/advisor
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports
- Commercial acumen/decision making skills
- Understanding of the activities that will drive value in the business
- Analytic capability
- Challenge, negotiation, and influence skills – ability to stay independent in mind set in the pursuit of optimal business results
- Lead by example
- Deliver Awesome Outcomes
- Talent Magnet
- Focus on Better, Smarter, Faster
- Wins Hearts and Minds
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.