This role will be instrumental in conceiving, defining, planning and executing on a product strategy that directly contributes to our organization’s success in the Corporate Learning market.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
This role will be instrumental in conceiving, defining, planning and executing on a product strategy that directly contributes to our organization’s success in the Corporate Learning market. Applicants with market savvy about what buyers need and want in the Corporate Learning market segment will stand out. Applicants that hold a solutions mindset -- rather than a feature function approach will fit better in role.
The Senior Director, Corporate Product Management will be responsible for the success of the market segment for the product suite inclusive of services, partners, and content solutions.
They will have a strong background in ed tech, their market, market solutions, and in product management. The Product Management Director, Corporate needs to tell the story of their market’s need with precision in a way the buyer connects the current solutions in the D2L suite to their current needs. You will need to capture the gaps in the market and clearly define how the suite can be improved to better address the buyers and the market's needs. We are looking for a cross-functional, highly collaborative, strategic thinker with the proven ability to deliver high-quality solutions to the market.
How will I make an impact?
- Act as the ‘evangelist’ of the Corporate market segment, internally and externally
- Own the full segment strategy from concept/vision to delivery to market to post-release sale and adoption
- Understand and articulate customers’ viewpoints and perspectives, the problems and opportunities customers face in their businesses and how customers use, or could use, our product(s) to address them, balanced against our business context and constraints.
- Drive sales engagements to close as appropriate when deals depend on a clear connection between the buyer’s market specific asks and the product suite’s capability now and in the near term.
- Work closely with the leadership and strategy teams to translate the organizational strategy, business/market requirements, product backlog and portfolio investment plan into a segment portfolio vision and an adjunct view of the roadmap.
- Effectively translate the segment strategy vision and roadmap into a user-first, learner-centric set of stories with market-facing product experiences and measurable, market-specific success criteria.
- Collaborate with customers, Market Strategy, Product Management, Architecture, Design, Engineering, PMO and Marketing teams throughout the product life cycle to ensure new solutions meet our business and market objectives.
- Develop and regularly maintain a data-driven Corporate solutions backlog to deliver on the product vision and roadmap. Regularly collect market input (customers, sales, service, competitive intelligence, etc.) and update the backlog accordingly;
- Clearly communicate the larger product market segment vision and specific product requirements for the market across the organization
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and other organizations to execute on 'go to market' plans including packaging, pricing, geographies, and collateral.
- Represent D2L thought leadership at market segment industry events
- Double our Corporate logo count, double our Corporate revenue, advance our thought leadership in blockchain validation of skills, in the use of AI for busy professionals, in bundled approaches that solve business problems
What you’ll bring to the role:
- 5-7 years experience in software product management. Educational space experience an asset but not essential
- Excellent communication and customer-conversation skills including demo-god and public-speaking experience.
- Guru-level writing and PowerPoint skills a must
- Ed tech Product management experience focused in Corporate learning would be advantageous
- Ability to 100% own project initiatives and outcomes for these initiatives. Self-motivated and can operate and execute with a sense of urgency, discipline, decisiveness and focus.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed assigned targets, budgets and deadlines.
- Proven ability to confidently and clearly communicate both technical and business topics to a variety of groups, including customers, D2L senior leadership team, designers, architects and developers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with a cross-functional team consisting of Engineering, Design Architecture, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
- Travel as required
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.