We are looking for a talented Project Manager to join our Learning & Creative Services team. The successful candidate will work directly with clients and our creative team to deliver industry leading learning solutions to our clients. We are seeking someone who can effectively manage multiple concurrent client projects from beginning to end; delivering customer satisfaction while ensuring deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
The role’s main responsibility will be working with our Learning & Creative Services teams who are responsible for delivery of client projects centered on graphic design, web solutions, and courseware development.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
- Aids in the development of SOWs, obtains approvals and sign-offs
- Organizes an often complex set of stakeholders to establish overall program governance and communication model
- Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements
- Leads a project team by facilitating client requirements, translating requirements into project plans, and executing on that plan
- Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements; manages sub-contractors, as required
- Develops and manages project schedules and budgets in order to deliver the project on-time, on-scope, and on-budget
- Identify schedule uncertainties and risks for both client and D2L
- Creates communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged among key stakeholders
- Execution and Monitoring:
- Develops project control and reporting procedures and manages changes in operational plans
- Determines monitors and reviews all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks
- Prepares and/or presents project status reports to various levels within management and the client
- Identifies, manages and mitigates all risks throughout life-cycle of project
- Coaches and advises team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical/operational issues
- Coordinate designers, programmers, other staff, service providers, and clients
- Assemble assets required for production team to perform tasks
- Evaluation & Reporting
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project success criteria
- Evaluate deliverables prepared by the team to make sure the work meets requirements and maintains a high level of quality
- Report team hours and manage project budget
- Effectively manages client expectations by understanding client's point of view & needs while simultaneously achieving D2L’s goals
- Schedule and attend meetings with clients
- Present progress to the client at milestones throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure client expectations are met and exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered
- Promotes a win/win attitude with clients and always follows up proactively with clients
- Proactively influences clients to apply, and/or adhere to, standard project methodology
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 5+ years’ experience in a project management environment (preferably consulting or software/web solution implementation-to-client projects)
- Experience with design and web development life cycle is highly preferred
- Familiarity with end-to-end project lifecycle including requirements gathering, through design & development
- Has understanding of the basic practices, procedures and principles of project management, sufficient to analyze detailed concepts, and apply these in a range of related subjects or functional areas
- Maintains awareness on emerging technologies and project management techniques
- Competent in use of MS Project; MS Office, MS Visio and other office tools
- Ability to multitask many concurrent projects
- Strong organizational skills
- Works proactively and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (especially client facing)
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification; PMP or CAPM (or equivalent experience) considered an asset
Why we're awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.