We are seeking someone who can effectively manage multiple concurrent client projects from beginning to end; delivering customer satisfaction while ensuring deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Project Manager, working as part of the Implementation Team in North America, will oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of single or multiple client projects from beginning to end, including responsibility for project scope, costs, and deliverables.
The role’s main responsibility will be working with our Implementation Services team who are responsible for delivery of client projects centered on implementing the learning management system, integrations and authentications, and training.
- Oversees the implementation of multiple and concurrent medium to large projects to customers across verticals (K12, Corporate and Higher Education)
- Takes the lead in determining client requirements and translating them into operational plans
- Develops and manages project schedules and budgets and obtains appropriate client and D2L approvals/signoffs
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project; including financial health and status of the project; all risks, issues, changes; deliverables; etc.
- Undertakes regular status review meetings among members of the project team and clients
- Prepares and/or presents project status reports to various levels within management and the client
- Develops project control and reporting procedures and manages changes in operational plan, including adherence to legally binding requirements and best practices
- Identifies and assesses risks, severity and impacts by applying company procedures and methodology
- Determines and implements risk mitigation strategies, communicates risk to client and internal to D2L as appropriate.
- Effectively interacts with internal and external stakeholders to achieve cooperation through the creation of communication plans
- Manages client's expectations; understands client's point of view & needs while keeping D2L's interests in mind
- Promotes a Win/Win attitude with the client; follows up and follows through on commitments responsibly
- Works with their leader and project teams on post-project reviews/lessons learned
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Has 3+ experience in a project management capacity (preferably consulting or implementation-to-client relationship)
- Strong knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management, sufficient to analyze detailed concepts, and apply these in a range of related subjects or functional areas
- Ability to multitask many concurrent projects
- Professional services / customer service project management experience preferred
- Confident and knowledgeable in Information Technology, including systems development lifecycle, business modelling, systems integration/implementation, methodologies, estimating and architecture
- Familiarity with end-to-end project lifecycle including business case definition, requirements & architecture through development & implementation
- Strong organizational written and oral communication skills
- Works proactively and independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (especially client facing)
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience
- Project Management certification; PMP or CAPM (or equivalent experience) considered an asset
Why we're awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.