Making learning better. How cool is it to have millions of people using your code everyday!
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for developers who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people, like you, opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
How will I make an Impact?
At D2L, we are looking for developers who will help us advance our goal of using technology to transform teaching and learning around the world. We need software developers to work on a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to: distributed systems, machine learning, user interfaces, mobile and cloud computing. As a developer, you will help make dreams a reality.
We are looking for software developers who have a passion for technology and code. Beyond code, developers are expected to collaborate closely with others including technical product managers, designers and QA. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we are building the right things.
General Description (Job Summary):
We are looking for a strong Programmer analyst – an individual who can perform deep dive analysis of a given problem, report and determine where the problem is, its cause, and implement effective solutions and workarounds. Successful candidates must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. They should also be able to learn tools and processes around implementing, testing and delivering fixes and small enhancements to our custom tools and products. They are self-driven and motivated to resolve defects in a timely manner through collaboration with Technical teams, Support and Product teams. They have experience multi-tasking and are comfortable with escalations and changing priorities in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Collaborate with product, support and other technical teams to triage, prioritize and
- resolve incoming defects within expected SLA
- Debug and resolve defects
- Add unit tests and or Integration tests to improve stability
- Participate in code reviews.
- Enhance existing tools and products
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure coding and testing best practices are followed
- Deal effectively and calmly with competing priorities and escalations.
- Manage and escalate risks and provide suggestions on risk mitigation.
- Take a leadership role in planning and reporting on defect trends and metrics for the team.
- Help to develop and deliver knowledge articles
- Participate in Technical discussions & feedback sessions with Developers
- Align client’s needs, goals, and objectives to D2L solutions
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Empathy for customers
- Advance debugging & documentation skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of C# .Net and Microsoft tools and technologies
- Intermediate to Advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with REST APIs and or SOAP APIs
- Experience in the development of commercial web applications
- Experience with GitHub or another version control system.
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and processes.
- 3-4 yeas experience in similar role.
- Software development, maintenance and monitoring experience
- Familiar with cloud technologies like AWS
- Active Directory, OAuth, LDAP, and SAML solutions
Nice to have
- LMS and/or Ed - Tech experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent technical experience
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.