We are seeking a Product Support Analyst to assist our clients who has experience working in a fast paced environment.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Product Support Analyst requires an individual who has experience in resolving complex technical issues reported by Administrators of Brightspace products and Services. This role requires great troubleshooting skills and the ability to think quickly and creatively, as well as collaborate with your peers, to deliver timely and accurate solutions to complex issues. You possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills, and the ability to work efficiently in a helpdesk environment providing technical support to clients. In this position you will provide support for clients from all verticals (K12, Higher Education and Enterprise) who use D2L’s suite of eLearning web-based software. We are client-experience and data-driven organization and require that ability to support Administrators in time-sensitive, and at times frustrating situations by delivering both technical solutions, and a world class client experience while adhering to our KPIs and processes.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Resolving specific client issues received by chat, phone, email or assignment through call tracking system under tight time constraints
- Identifying and solving site related issues
- Identifying and correcting improperly configured installations
- Timely logging of all support calls in call tracking system and escalation of problems where appropriate
- Updating call tracking system with all appropriate details while providing timely customer updates on issues
- Improving D2L product/tool design and efficiency by reviewing and providing feedback on functional specifications, technical specifications and submitting Feature Requests, Usability Issues and Bugs to Product Development
- Developing support documents, FAQ's and Knowledge-Based Articles
- Participating in special projects as required
- Participating in shift and on-call support rotations
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Customer service, communication, listening and human relations skills are required in order to determine client needs, understand and relay information, build positive rapport, confidence and trust and participate as an effective team member
- Attention to detail, organizational and time management skills are essential in order to accurately enter data, maintain records and focus on multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills to effectively partner with clients, customers and stakeholders of all levels
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision-making skills
- Proven SQL experience writing queries for SQL Server
- Working knowledge of Webservices, REST and IIS
- Understanding of Network topography (Database, App, File Servers and load-balancing)
- Confidence supporting enterprise software applications
- Basic knowledge authentication protocols (LDAP, SSO, Shibboleth)
- Experience with Fiddler and other Browser-based Analytics and Reporting tools would be an asset
- Experience with eLearning software and supporting a Learning Management System would be an asset.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Education or equivalent experience in technology fields such as Computer Science, Information Technology, Educational Technology, and Information Systems.
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.