We're looking for a Product Designer. Maybe it's you. We think we have a pretty good setup here. Does it sound like a fit?
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for people who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people, like you, opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
We're a learning company; it's not just what we do, it's what we live. We have a cohesive and strong Product Design team with great breadth and depth of skills.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
We think we offer something unique:
- A supportive, talented, and collaborative community of product designers and user experience researchers; we learn from each other to develop the skills to do great work
- A maturing practice with growing tools and design systems; we all get to inform the growth of our design culture and practice
- Opportunities to conduct early research and exploration; we're problem solvers who get engaged early
- Balance and collaboration with our partners in Product Management and Development; we have a strong voice in our projects
- A chance to do meaningful work; we contribute to life-long learning to change the way the world learns
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have strengths in visual design, interaction, and motion design
- An understanding of the broader UX practice and a story about your process; you can illustrate how you work with narrative, artifacts, successes, and challenges
- Awareness that good design is both about what you do and how you do it; you demonstrate that you care about both
- Curiosity combined with a desire to learn and grow; you're a life-long learner who is willing to explore new tools and approaches
- Openness, objectivity, and self-awareness; you are collaborative and seek and share feedback and ideas with your peers
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; you frame, structure, and present work clearly and confidently, including to product stakeholders and senior leaders
- A sense of empathy and a user focus; you apply empathy both to your design work and with your project peers
WHY D2L IS AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office (Kitchener)
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.