We have an honest-to-goodness design culture here at D2L. Are you a Design Manager looking for your dream job?
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for people who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people, like you, opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
We're a learning company; it's not just what we do, it's what we live. We have a cohesive and strong Product Design team with great breadth and depth of skills.
We are looking for a Product Design Manager to join our design leadership team. Reporting to a Product Design Director, you will partner along with other design and research leaders in growing our product design practice.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
We think we offer something unique:
- A supportive, talented, and collaborative community of product designers and user experience researchers; we learn from each other to develop the skills to do great work
- A maturing practice with growing tools and design systems; we all get to inform the growth of our design culture and practice
- Opportunities to conduct early research and exploration; we're problem solvers who get engaged early
- Balance and collaboration with our partners in Product Management and Engineering; we have a strong voice in our projects
- A chance to do meaningful work; we contribute to life-long learning to change the way the world learns
WHAT YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Lead by example, embodying leadership traits that include collaboration, empathy, humility, and critical thinking
- Empower a team of product designers to contribute to our product and design practice in repeatable, rigorous, and user-centered ways
- Coach and foster the development of members of your team and identify opportunities for growth and to apply their strengths
- Understand what motivates and engages each member of your team and your peers; focus on building trust, open communication, and providing frequent feedback and recognition
- Through outreach and thought leadership, cultivate a strong reputation and pipeline of potential hires
- Ensure that the team is aligned on D2L's vision, culture, and leadership values, and can connect their work to the company vision and goals
Collaborate with other design leaders to:
- Help the team set a high bar for the quality of design at D2L and push each other to achieve it
- Contribute to evolving the product design practice with your knowledge of user experience design and research
- Provide guidance on the best practices for design process, user research, and participation in agile teams, recognizing that these differ depending on circumstances
- Identify opportunities and ensure designers practice inclusive and user-centered design
- Ensure strong collaboration and mutual alignment to processes and strategy at the team and company level
- Identify and prioritize design needs across initiatives and allocate resources accordingly
- Contribute to identifying and building systems and infrastructure to provide efficiency and consistency across projects
- Help the team balance rigour with pragmatism with their activities, and also identify and support when we need to advocate for more time or rigour
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional partners in product management and engineering
- Communicate regularly with product managers, development managers and senior leaders for planning purposes and to obtain feedback
- Recognize and appreciate the contributions and constraints of other D2L employees who contribute to building great products for our users
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.