The Performance Engineer will provide in-depth knowledge and experience executing and improving the software performance process as well as assist in conforming to software code standards and decreasing bottlenecks
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As a Performance Engineer at D2L, you are a member of a small team with an important role in the success of our product. You work to understand what load looks like for our customers, to design and implement tests to exercise that load and to analysis and share insight with internal teams. As a performance subject matter expert at D2L, you work to disseminate a performance mindset throughout the organization with guidance on methods, best practices, and strategy development and you develop the infrastructure to support teams in achieving strategic performance goals.
Your North Star focuses on performance excellence, and you strive for this daily with best practices as well as new and creative strategies.
- Support and refine tooling to generate and share current performance metrics with internal stakeholders.
- Design strategies, implement tests and analysis framework for ad-hoc feature investigation.
- Balance competing goals by analyzing and sharing the cost implications of performance strategies.
- Communicate test plans and results with internal stakeholders and customers through informal discussion, documentation, and presentations.
- Promote performance as a goal through training and knowledge campaigns across the organization.
- Define and balance strategic and tactical tasks and communicate how goals and timelines align with our North Star.
- You have demonstrable experience designing and implementing load tests and test infrastructure for enterprise software.
- You have experience with common tools for building, executing and analyzing large scale infrastructure.
- You have tackled some good performance mysteries that encompass a range of technical solutions.
- You love to read a good graph and can derive both investigation strategies and actionable guidance.
- You have taken ownership for the performance knowledge and skills of technical stakeholders in your organization.
- You’re a fast learner who loves to explore modern technologies and patterns.
- You have 2-5 years experience in this fascinating field and can’t wait to ‘Transform the way the world Learns!’ at D2L.
About the Team
The team works daily on initiatives that include ad-hoc customer engagements, development team support, and long-term strategic goals.
Our product is all in native AWS technology stack.
Our team is based out of D2L’s HQ in Kitchener, Ontario Canada but we maintain a strong virtual presence to enable us to collaborate from wherever we may be.
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.