Work with corporate counsel in the management of corporate records including minute books and associated agreements, resolutions and documentation
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Commercial Operations Law Clerk/ Paralegal will assist with specific legal research, regulatory and contract analysis, corporate file management, department metrics, training development, as well as working with technologies such as PowerBI, Confluence, Jira, and SharePoint.
This is an opportunity to gain real-life, hands-on experience in an in-house legal department with a rapidly growing technology company. The position is part of a collaborative, team-based approach to corporate legal services and would be ideal for anyone looking for a wide range of legal skills.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Work with corporate counsel in the management of corporate records including minute books and associated agreements, resolutions and documentation
- Assist counsel with drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of corporate/commercial agreements and related documents, including partnership, non-disclosure, licence and similar agreements
- Assist with RFPs and procurement efforts
- Provide timely and actionable legal advice on marketing materials
- Work with employees and external counsel on related matters, including litigation
- Assist with the implementation and management of compliance programs and policies
- Support the continuous improvement of legal and business processes to promote efficiency
- Assist in providing internal training sessions across different functional areas on legal and compliance issues and updates to relevant legislation and regulations
- Perform any other administrative and/or operation-related tasks to support the legal department in the performance of their functions.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Excellent analytic, oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable learning new technologies and putting those new skills into practice
- Ability to work independently and with cross functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization, a positive attitude, strong commitment to ethical conduct, thoughtfulness, as well as collaboration and creativity
- University degree or college diploma (or an equivalent) in business, accounting, paralegal, law clerk program or related discipline
- Relevant experience in similar jobs, preferably with a reputable law firm or a legal department of a private or public entity considered an asset
- Excellent academic credentials
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office (Kitchener)
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.