The Marketing Manager will demonstrate to be a proven marketer who will be responsible for the growth of D2L’s go to market plan in the EMEA Region.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for the management of content across the D2L website helping to aggressively promote the brand and drive lead generation across vertical sectors and geographies. As a key member of the marketing team, the successful candidate will be D2L’s go-to person for all content requests. We’re looking for someone who has experience working within a fast growing high tech company. They will proactively work with various groups including Segment Marketing, Public Relations, Events and International Marketing teams to understand corporate objectives and deliver content to the web to meet those objectives. The successful candidate will drive content for the company website ensuring consistency of message, accuracy and timeliness of updates and communications.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Drive content of the D2L website to ensure messages align with the brand and corporate objectives
- Work cooperatively with other functional areas within Marketing to design, develop and implement web-based communication strategies
- Prepare files from graphic designers for inclusion on the website
- Interface with Web Developers to build content, site architecture, usability, maintenance, updating and evolution of the website
- Analyze website traffic and seek opportunities and avenues to optimize performance
- Monitor effectiveness and research ROI opportunities, making recommendations for improvement, developing and implementing corresponding solutions
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- 2 – 3 years’ experience delivering web content
- Ability to create positive external relationships and internal cross-functional stakeholders
- Expert in written and oral communications through multiple mediums and for a wide range of audiences across industry sectors, geographies and audiences
- Strong organization skills
- Strong project management experience
- Background with CMS solutions like Wordpress
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience working within a fast growing, global company
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable
- Combination of corporate and agency work experience is preferred
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Attention to detail
- History of web user experience is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work schedules
- Two paid volunteer days
- Professional development and career growth
- Employee wellbeing
- Focus on diversity and inclusion
- Collaborative work environment
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.