As the Manager, Client sales you will lead a team of motivated Client Sales executives and will be responsible for meeting team territory objectives and responsibility for coaching and mentoring direct reports including forecast preparation, deal level and skill based coaching. This individual will lead others through example, while assisting with the development of performance and skill level on the team.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally
As the Manager, Client Sales you will lead a team of motivated Client Sales executives and will be responsible for meeting team territory objectives and responsibility for coaching and mentoring direct reports including forecast preparation, deal level and skill based coaching. This individual will lead others through example, while assisting with the development of performance and skill level on the team.
A strong knowledge of D2L product, processes and organization is required to effectively support others. Ongoing training and development of self and team on effective sales methodology will be critical to the success of the role including a high degree of self-motivation and commitment to excellence and detail. You will work as part of the North American Corporate Client Sales team to achieve revenue and renewal targets while ensuring customer satisfaction.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Team development: Assist in coaching and skill development plans for team members based on identified skill, product knowledge and pipeline management gaps.
- Pipeline generation: Assist and provide guidance in preparing territory target and prospecting plans with team members.
- Deal management: Provide deal level coaching and feedbackon pipeline and/or renewal opportunities.
- Team forecasting: Assist team members to prepare quarterly and monthly forecasts.
- Challenger development: Coach and mentor team members on adoption of Challenger sales methodology and skills.
- Team leadership: Provide direct support to Senior Director on team organization, territory assignment and other projects as assigned.
- Able to assist team in key situations and is influential in resolving problems and conflicts.
- Hire and recruit for new talent and play a key role in onboarding and training new employees.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 7-10 years SaaS and/or Application software technology sales and account/client management experience
- 2+ years experience coaching, mentoring and working with client sales executives
- Ability to reach and develop relationships with C-level executives in key verticals
- Understanding of digital ecosystem landscape and relationships
- Track record of success in carrying a quota and meeting quota targets
- A track record of success in selling business applications and complex solutions
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles- demonstrated ownership of all aspects of territory management
- Bachelor’s degree recommended (technical, business or education-related is ideal
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.