The Manager of Business Development will manage and grow the EMEA team Business Development Representatives responsible for driving qualifying opportunities that build pipeline for the Named and Strategic sales organization.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced profession and someone who understands the EdTech business and has successfully led a demand generation or inside sales team in this space. This person is motivated by the challenge and knows how to generate high quality, top of funnel leads to drive the company’s growth
The Manager of Business Development will lead and mentor the EMEA team of Business Development Representatives responsible for producing qualified sales opportunities for the sales organization. This individual will be a coach who has a deep understanding how to overcome common obstacles and has a passion to teach other how to become a top performer
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
Lead BDR team responsible for outbound prospecting and setting qualified opportunities
- Lead weekly meeting reviews with BDR team as well as 1:1’s
- Measure and continually find ways to improve process and performance-Challenge status quo
- Communicate with sales leadership to ensure the BDR team is meeting pipeline expectations
- Build out predictable reporting/forecasting for the BDR team performance
- Work with sales and marketing to create and implement programs
- Coach team in use of Salesforce, Outreach.io, DiscoverOrg/Zoominfo
- Maintains a culture of accountability, hard work, and innovation for themselves and their team
Establish a strong outbound process-based team of highly skilled talented BDRs
- Defining performance metrics by which SDRs will be measured (e.g., call/email activity, response rates, leads generated, lead quality, ultimate lead-to-close)
- Manage the inbound pipeline and working closely with Marketing to ensure timely response and tracking of campaign performance
- Monitoring outbound activities, such as call, and email volume and key performance metrics linked to lead generation
- Hiring and on-boarding new BDRs
- Guiding and managing prospect research and list building activity
- Delivering ongoing training on sales prospecting, email outreach, and outbound calling
- Coaching individual SDRs through call shadowing, role play, and performance reporting
Leadership & Relationships:
- Lead, coach, inspire, and continuously upskill a team of talented BDRs
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team
- Continuously improve and innovate in order to ensure you and your team remain cutting edge
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 3+ Years of experience leading high-performing sales development team
- 2+ years of experience selling software and SaaS
- Experience with Salesforce, Outreach, Engagio and other sales engagement tools.
- Have experience with outbound /cold prospecting and working with inbound leads
- Lead by example and a willingness to get into the trenches with the front line
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interface effectively across levels and functions
- Experience training, mentoring, and growing an outbound process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communication or equivalent
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.