The Knowledge Specialist is responsible for various roles, all focusing on delivering timely, accurate, helpful, and localized content to our customers.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Knowledge Specialist is responsible for various roles, all focusing on delivering timely, accurate, helpful, and localized content to our customers. This role will focus primarily on the creation, design, and delivery of customer facing materials that are delivered to D2L’s global client base. In addition to content creation, the Knowledge Specialist will partner across multiple D2L teams, as well as strategic partners, to build scalable processes to ensure the Brightspace LMS, Community, and other D2L Resources are localized, easily navigated, and offer best in class experiences. A successful Knowledge Specialist will have strong writing, project management, and process implementation skills.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Ensure all feature documentation and help content are localized into the necessary languages to meet customer needs
- Work within the Knowledge Team to create documentation and help content that aligns with customer needs and D2L’s release cycle
- Develop, document, and refine internal process relevant to all departments and aspects of Localization at D2L
- Partner with the Community Team by answering customer questions, building reports, and improving user experience through customer focused learning sessions
- Act as liaison with individual contributors across D2L (Training, CSM, LCS, Sales, etc.) to identify and create new content, focused on first use experiences and task-centered solutions
- Create and maintain reports to track participation in various programs to help build and sustain key D2L initiatives (KCS, Community Participation, etc.)
- Manage external vendor relationships to ensure timely and quality delivery of translated content as defined by GS&C Leadership
- Monitor and maintain publishing queues to edit, coach and publish content created by D2L colleagues
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Experience working as part of large scale project teams, working with multiple stakeholders to drive completion of new and existing initiatives
- Ability to independently execute all deliverables associated with customer/D2L needs in a timely and trackable fashion
- In depth understanding of Brightspace LMS, its features, products, and structure
- Experience in technical writing (FAQs, customer and internal facing documentation, etc.)
- Ability to engage with customers, both through written responses and as part of client interviews
- Strong organizational and tracking skills
4 year college degree or 2-3 years experience working within Tech Support
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.