The role of Sales Executive, K-12 requires a high performance individual who excels at both managing multiple relationships along with multiple accounts and has experience in account management strategies. The Sales Executive, will learn and understand their customers strategic visions and how the D2L suite of products and services ensures their success. Contract renewal plans, will be meticulously managed, ensuring industry leading retention standards are both maintained and surpassed. The role will keep customers abreast with the latest D2L products, services, events and more importantly how these could impact or enhance their deployment.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As our K-12 Content Sales Consultant, you will be highly knowledgeable and have a strong background in managing both partner relationships and content product offerings.
You will play an active role in establishing D2L’s content business strategy to: meet short and long-term growth targets, acquire new customers, maximize client retention, as well as building and maintaining strategic relationships with various partners, decision-makers and influencers.
You will take a hands-on approach to growing the business in this progressive and fast-paced job and will have a deep working knowledge of the K-12 segment as well as how digital content is transforming teaching and learning.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Managing D2L’s growing stable of K-12 content partners, and create relationships with new partners
- Acquire new business and expand existing business within the assigned region
- Identify and provide leadership on strategic sales opportunities with prospective customers and involve appropriate corporate resources to move them through the sales process
- Prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with Sales Leaders and other decision-makers
- Establish and promote best practices for delivering K12 partner content to customers using the Brightspace learning platform in North America
- Participate in executing the go to market strategies and plans to rapidly scale the business
- Implement and oversee appropriate sales processes to augment and increase K-12 sales
- Communicate vision, values, strategy, and direction as a member of the K-12 team
- Be a thought leader internally and externally, participate in external events, in associations and other groups to share expertise in improving education outcomes, and technology-enabled system transformation
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI reports to management
- Work closely with Marketing and Customer Engagement in the identification, development and execution of marketing and services strategies and plans to support expected growth
- Understand and be able to speak to the competitive landscape and trends affecting the K-12 segment.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Strong executive presence and excellent verbal, written and presentation capabilities.
- Deep understanding of the entire K-12 ecosystem and technology-enabled system transformation
- Experience with online content – authoring, managing curriculum, catalogues, license management, etc.
- 3-5+ years' experience in the K-12 education technology industry and/or selling enterprise K-12 software and solutions. Knowledge of eLearning and SaaS is strongly preferred.
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on prospect discovery discussions.
- A team player through and through – ability to motivate and inspire team members and broader organization employees, as well as work cross functionally to find common goals and objectives
- Must be able to travel up to 40% depending on seasonality
- Ideal location includes Canada or any major city in the central USA with a Hub Airport.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.