We are looking for an energetic Instructional Designer to guide the design and development of online learning programs delivered through Brightspace.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
We are looking for an energetic Instructional Designer to guide the design and development of online learning programs delivered through Brightspace. You will be part of a team that includes content developers, graphic designers, and multi-media experts all eager to collaborate on industry leading solutions. Bring your creativity and enthusiasm to D2L to help us change the way the world learns.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Lead the design and development of online courses using Brightspace
- Apply pedagogical principles as appropriate in course planning and strategy
- Leverage the features and functionality of Brightspace for optimized learner experience
- Conduct client needs assessments and develop course strategies
- Guide subject matter experts through course creation process
- Edit and organize source content
- Organize and advise on additional course assets and requirements
- Prepare course storyboards for client approvals and developer use
- Maintain open, clear communications with all team members throughout project
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing, developing, and/or implementing interactive e-learning programs/courseware
- Experience designing web-based course development
- Familiarity or experience with Brightspace or other learning management systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite is required
- Experience with any rapid authoring tools is beneficial
- Experience with Adobe suite is considered an asset
- Knowledge of HTML /CSS is considered an asset
- Fluency in Spanish is considered an asset
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.