The role has responsibilities that traverse a broad spectrum of technical, business, and project accountability including: requirements facilitation, business analysis, technical solution design, and solution implementation.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Senior Implementation Consultant is a charismatic leader who passionately and relentlessly drives key business results for some of D2Ls most critical accounts. You are focused on achieving outcomes rather than completing tasks.
You drive a company-wide approach to successfully execute on highly collaborative, highly cross-functional strategic client. You work relentlessly to break down barriers, cut through red tape, and do anything required to secure the success of your programs.
Your multi-tasking and communication skills are impeccable as evidenced by your broad cross-functional knowledge and ability to work in the weeds. You are adept at articulating highly complex workflows, concepts, and problems in simple terms.
You foster strong cross-functional alignment and relationships across the company and your clients.
Your deep relationships across the organization allow you to effectively deliver on strategic projects for your clients.
As a Senior Implementation Consultant, you will lead new strategic client implementation projects across all verticals (Higher Education, Corporate, K12). Being the client's primary technical point of contact, you will work closely with Sales, Product Development, and other Services departments to ensure that each client is prepared and enabled for their launch. This is a very project-oriented role and most of the tasks completed in this role would be considered billable. Travel may be required.
The role has responsibilities that traverse a broad spectrum of technical, business, and project accountability including project management, requirements facilitation, business analysis, technical solution design, and solution implementation.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Primary technical contact in the implementation phase of D2L solutions for medium and large sized clients
- Elicit and define requirements for highly complex, cross-functional programs including custom development solutions
- Assess client technical readiness and plan software installation and configuration
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with all functional areas of the company
- Propose, design, develop, and deploy standard product as well as custom technical solutions.
- Design, configure, and deploy integration solutions between enterprise systems such as the D2L suite of products and Student Information Systems.
- Support client acceptance testing of deployed solutions.
- Keep up to date with new technology trends to help facilitate client learning solutions.
- Maintain proficiency with D2L Web Services APIs to help clients develop custom integrations.
- Participate in small to large scale programs as required
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience including working with technologies such as:
- API Integrations
- Single Sign On/ Web Authentications
- Business Intelligence Tools ( i.e. Tableau, Power BI)
- Ability to multitask many simultaneous projects using strong organizational skills
- Confident and knowledgeable in Information Technology, including systems development lifecycle, business modeling, systems integration/implementation, methodologies, estimating and architecture
- Familiarity with end-to-end project lifecycle including business case definition, requirements & architecture through development & implementation
- Highly proactive and independent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of enterprise solution implementation to business customers
- Comfortable in communicating with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to derive requirement
- Familiar with Enterprise principles of Scalability and Reliability
- Experience working in the Education Sector (K-20) considered an asset
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.