The HRIS and Data Analyst is responsible for providing PnC systems, Analytics and Reporting support. This position will be responsible for overall maintenance of the PnC systems and actively participate in the success of new PnC systems, reporting and data initiatives. The role provides advice and support to internal stakeholders regarding system capabilities and constraints on business requests.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
If you’re someone who loves data and analysis, we have your next opportunity! Get in on the cutting edge of People and Culture (PnC) Analytics with our team. You will pivot, query, slice and dice your way to providing the right data that our PnC and Leadership teams need to make strategic decisions. You will be the guru of our HRIS, but don’t worry, you will still get to interact with employees as you help them out with any questions and work collaboratively with the rest of our PnC team.
The HRIS and Reporting Coordinator is responsible for providing PnC systems, Analytics and Reporting support. This position will be responsible for overall maintenance of the PnC systems and actively participate in the success of new PnC systems, reporting and data initiatives. The role provides advice and support to internal stakeholders regarding system capabilities and constraints on business requests. You will be responsible for delivering standard weekly and monthly PnC reporting packages and dashboards, as well as completing ad-hoc requests as needed for the PnC team and PnC Business Partners.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Human resources information system (HRIS) system administration and maintenance
- Maintain data integrity within and across systems, conduct system audits and reconcile discrepancies with other functional areas to ensure data accuracy
- Manage People and Culture (PnC) processes tied to system workflows – work with all internal stakeholders to ensure process is mapped, communicated and adhered to
- Administer Time Away from Work (TAFW) policies within the system
- Test and review system releases for possible issues
- Present opportunities for additional system modules or features
- Give technical guidance and direction to others, including Payroll and Benefits, on the operation and maintenance of the HRIS
- Facilitate a strong partnership between PnC and the HRIS user community to increase usage and self-service
- Respond to employee inquiries/questions
Reporting & Data Analysis
- Create and maintain a variety of reports via Power BI / Dayforce (HRIS) / Greenhouse (ATS) including company PnC info, turnover, recruiting, onboarding, demographic and other key metrics
- Perform analysis to provide relevant, credible and actionable analysis to inform business diagnosis
- Mine PnC data, extracting trends, contributing to presentations to provide leaders an overview of their business, key opportunities/challenges and support decision making working closely with the SVP, PnC
- Assist with monthly dashboards and data analysis for Senior Leadership
- Assist with regular operational reporting
- Manage TAFW balance and liability reporting
- Assist with documenting and maintaining various processes with a strong focus on identifying process efficiencies
- Backup for other PnC Services & Total Rewards roles, as needed
- Act as PnC liaison with Payroll and IT
- Manage ad hoc PnC projects as requested
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for working with data
- Excellent attention to detail; understands the importance of data integrity
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience administering an HRIS – DayforceHCM an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and proven ability to work with other MS Office tools
- Experience with Dashboard software such as Power BI (M, DAX) highly beneficial
- Experience with SQL, VBA, and XML an asset
- Strength in organizing and coordinating multiple activities and projects at one time, while effectively managing disruptions and changing priorities
- Business acumen and curiosity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-starter with proven initiative and a collaborative approach
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or Business Administration related field
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.