Making learning better. How cool is it to have millions of people using your code everyday!
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
We are looking for talented, passionate web developers to join our web platform team. The components and services our platform team designs and builds are used by our entire product development group, and will be seen by millions of users.
We’re looking for developers who are constantly on the cutting edge of the web technology space, and are always looking for ways to learn, innovate and improve. They take pride not just in getting things done, but in getting them done well.
How will I make an Impact?
- Writing beautiful, scalable, efficient, cross-browser front-end UI components and systems
- Collaborating with talented designers to ensure our applications are usable, accessible and responsive
- Troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving performance bottlenecks
- Incorporating automated unit, integration, perceptual, performance and accessibility testing into the development process
- Evangelizing best practices in front-end engineering
What is D2L looking for from me?
- Comfortable working anywhere in the stack (front-end, server-side application code, database, cloud), but who has a passion for client-side development
- Experience with but without a reliance on modern front-end frameworks like React, Vue.js and Polymer
- Experience building accessible web applications, and the related standards (ARIA) and assistive technologies
- Keen to work with other teams to understand their needs, and to develop tools and libraries to support them
- Comfortable creating documentation, guides, walk-throughs, videos and presentations to evangelize your work
- Experience with web performance techniques to make web applications super fast
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.