Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
D2L has the finest eLearning system and the top Learning and Creative Services team to support our clients. As an eLearning Courseware Developer, you will develop courses, interactive elements, and learning ecosystems while incorporating our clients’ unique vision, objectives and culture. You will work directly with clients along with other specialists at D2L to create a sophisticated and influential experience that learners won’t forget.
How will I make an impact?
- Develop course content that interconnects with the learner’s needs, including interactive exercises and tests
- Create and maintain courses by adding, deleting and changing course content as appropriate and be flexible enough to keep offerings up-to-date
- Design storyboards for graphics, animations and video
- Proofread and edit for style consistency, logic, organization, and rational development of content
- Confer with project teams and clients to gather technical requirements on instructional methods and materials related to specific course subjects
- Performing special projects as required
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Familiarity with graphic and video manipulation programs is considered an asset
- Familiarity with mobile and responsive web development is considered an asset
- Diploma in web design, multimedia development, or a related field
Why we’re awesome:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Dog Friendly office
- Snacks and food trays!
- Foosball and Ping-Pong tables
- Showers on site
- Centrally located in downtown, close to restaurants and pubs, easily accessible by public transit
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.