D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
AT D2L IT Enterprise Application, we are interested in continuously challenging and redefining how IT adds value. We operation in an teams that are growing, engaged, curious and continuously aspiring to push the envelope when it comes to best practices, scale and automation.
Our Enterprise Applications Administrators are leaders. They invest time in learning business processes, then take initiate and deliver business solutions to the employees of D2L, working closely with many different departments throughout the organization. They are responsible for the evaluation, implementation, configuration/customization, and maintenance of enterprise applications. Solid communication skills are critical in this role.
How will I make an impact?
- Work with business users to customize, configure, and deploy business applications and supporting infrastructure
- Align and maintain application configuration with Enterprise application best practices
- Provide the highest level of service and support for all internal applications
- Perform research and fact-finding analysis to find and configure solutions to business issues utilizing the enterprise applications
- Develop and maintain application documentation
- Respond quickly and effectively to mission-critical support and / or project requests
- Provide support and training to our internal customers and communities
- Support development team's integration of custom developed solutions
- Work with defect tracking, source code control and software release systems to ensure high-quality software releases
- Create technical designs from functional specifications and implement as working software applications through configuration, customization, or selection of third party solutions in support of business processes
- Create and maintain documentation as required at all phases of the SDLC/Key Projects
- Provide support for implemented enterprise solutions by assisting in deployments, addressing post implementation technical and business process issues, delivering training as needed
- Learn required technologies, standards, and methodologies as needed to support new and existing business systems solutions as well as remain abreast of emerging technologies not yet explored
- May be required to work off-hours for scheduled maintenance or part of an on-call rotation
- Act as primary contact for internal enterprise applications projects
What you’ll bring to the role?
- 5+ years of experience customizing and administering enterprise HxM systems (Workday preferred)
- Experience creating integrations to bridge process gaps between multiple systems
- Experience with integration and migration of data between business systems and databases using APIs and ETL tools.
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of ITSM is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Tell us how you approach this!
- Excellent communication skills, ability to translate non-technical business needs into technical solutions with defined processes
- Well organized, able to handle several projects and tasks at once, ability to respond to changing priorities as needed
- ETL Tools such as Dell Boomi
- Experience with reporting tools such as SQL Server Reporting Service, Power BI
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.