The Director, Higher Education Sales will be a highly knowledgeable and capable senior sales leader with a proven track record of selling high-value complex solutions to the Education vertical.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
The Director, Higher Education Sales will be a highly knowledgeable and capable senior sales leader with a proven track record of selling high-value complex solutions to the Education vertical. You will be a senior member of the sales organization and an active participant in defining overall strategy and direction to rapidly grow the business. You will take a hands-on approach to building the business in this progressive and fast-paced job. You will spend the majority of your time building and mentoring a team; developing and cultivating prospects while moving them through the sales process; closing new business and building and managing relationships with key industry partners and associations in our core markets. You will possess a deep working knowledge of Education vertical and have significant expertise in building, leading and managing successful sales operations at a senior level.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Responsible for exceeding revenue objectives within your assigned territory
- Participate in developing, implementing and evaluating sales strategies and plans to rapidly grow the business for your respective region
- Implement and oversee appropriate sales processes to augment and increase sales force effectiveness and exceed annual sales objectives
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures to maximize revenue
- Acquire new business and expand existing business within the assigned region.
- Ensure sales team(s) activity is creating appropriate pipeline and revenue to achieve targets
- Identify and provide leadership on strategic sales opportunities with prospective customers and involve appropriate corporate resources to move them through the sales process
- Prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Conduct appropriate business and quarterly performance reviews with direct reports
- Understand and be able to speak to the competitive landscape and trends affecting the higher education sector.Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly KPI reports to management
- Work closely with Marketing and Customer Engagement in the identification, development and execution of marketing and services strategies and plans to support expected growth in all verticals within your region
- Provide ongoing support of a first-class sales team through the use of prescribed sales enablement programs and tools
- Recruit, hire, train, mentor, and retain a highly effective team to achieve annual goals and objectives
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 7-10+ years' sales experience in the education industry and/or selling enterprise software and solutions within the global IT industry. Knowledge of eLearning and education industry strongly preferred.
- 7-10+ years' sales management experience leading teams of 5-10 field sales reps
- Experience in establishing, growing and managing business in the technology and education sector.
- Ability to craft a solution with appropriate products and services that meets business goals based on client discussions.
- Working knowledge of web-based applications, including Web 2.0, software design and architecture, databases including MS SQL, application servers, and .NET technologies
- Strong leadership and presentation capability and ability to stay motivated and lead by example.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time
- Ideal location includes Canada or any major city in the central USA with a Hub Airport.
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree
WHY WE'RE AWESOME:
- Flexible work hours
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Great benefits
- Stock options
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.