The Customer Success Specialist will work with clients to successfully adopt D2L products and services
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
General Description (Job Summary):
At D2L, we are looking for talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns.
We believe learning is the foundation upon which all progress and achievement rests. Working closely with clients, D2L has transformed the way millions of people learn online or in the classroom. This career opportunity is a key part of our future success and will help support thousands – potentially millions – of learners!
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
You’ll have a big impact on learners by helping clients drive adoption with various strategies and programs to improve outcomes. The goal is to improve learning outcomes, support improved retention, higher engagement, increase learner satisfaction, and improve productivity.
- Define, coordinate, implement and measure activities that drive customer’s adoption and strategic success
- Develop a coaching capacity to provide support to our customers with the training, skills and tools they need to drive adoption of our software from the beginning.
- Share insights on the impact of activities in support of adoption, engagement and retention.
- Create and use collateral that can be used to drive adoption (e.g. presentations, blog articles, webinars).
- Ability to speak with executives to drive key messages around how they are using our software to impact their organization.
- Give customers advice on how to effectively manage change.
- Align D2L (Brightspace) technology with organization’s strategy
- Keep internal teams informed of progress of each client, and gather support needed.
- Continually seek ways to scale activities to broaden depth and breadth of adoption.
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Strong writing and presentation skills – you will be presenting to Directors of Education, IT Managers, CIOs, Learning & Development Managers
- Education experience or graduation from an education program
- Past employment in an academic institution would be considered a plus
- Ability to design processes and workflows to drive efficiency – mapping out things that work well for others to follow
- Well developed ability to build strong relationships, quickly establish credibility and collaborate across multiple internal and external teams
- Experienced in supporting change management, and organizational readiness
- A love of data to share meaningful recommendations/insights with clients to help drive adoption – help them understand what is working and not working
- Ability to quickly leverage tools and technology such as Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce and our product Brightspace.
- High energy level, demonstrated drive to succeed, and a sense of urgency
- Experience within a fast paced, growth organization is ideal
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.