We are looking for a Customer Success Operations Manager to improve and drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success team.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
General Description (Job Summary):
The Customer Success Operations Manager mission will be to improve and drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success team. You will report into the VP of Customer Success and will be their trusted partner in defining customer success objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale. The Customer Success Operations Manager provides support and guidance to the Customer Success teams, helping them to by effectively leveraging the appropriate reporting tools and processes. Through regular reviews of available data this role will provide the CSM leadership team insight into data that will help drive business decisions. This role will also assist is providing key metrics for objective and leading indicators or adoption, risk and churn. Experience with implementing and managing a customer success platform will be an asset.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Act as a business partner for the Customer Success teams providing guidance and insight into programs such as adoption, risk and customer health and opportunities.
- Assist with improvements of the Customer Lifecycle: Determine the timing and content of touch points for CSMs along the customer journey, to drive optimal adoption and net promoter score
- External Communications: Coordinate with 1:Many team to synchronize email outreaches with CSM touch points
- Risk Management: Detect early signals of at-risk renewals, design playbooks for CSMs to address them, and provide path to escalation
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet renewal and upsell targets and deliver on customers’ needs, including processes for CSMs to share customer feedback to the Product team
- Align with the Support team on resolution of major cases and report bugs to the Engineering team
- Work with other operations teams (sales, marketing) to improve overall alignment
- Provide feedback to Sales on the readiness of our customers for upsell
- Provide guidance on Customer Success processes to ensure they are adhered to and take corrective action when not.
- Generate reporting when necessary for the Customer Success, Adoption and Management, providing insightful analysis relevant to the request.
- Monitor data quality within the systems and work with IT, Finance, Sales Ops and and other internal cross-functional teams to address the root cause of any quality issues and resolve them.
- Act as a SME providing training videos and materials to be used for enablement in the Customer Success teams.
- Facilitate meetings effectively by managing the agenda, the meeting content and quality, the action items, the action owners and the follow-up activities.
- Create and maintain Customer Success tools and process resources.
- Provide day-to-day support for Customer Success teams.
- Participate in and act as a business representative on cross functional projects
- Complete other requests as required to support the business
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- 5+ years experience in an operations capacity
- Strong Salesforce reporting skills
- Understanding of Customer Success Tools and systems
- Passion for designing processes that scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized with a proven ability to successfully manage multiple tasks while maintaining high quality outputs and delivering on time.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, able to build and manage strong relationships cross-functionally across all management levels and roles to collaborate and execute effectively.
- Analytical thinker with the ability break down complicated issues and simplify complicated processes
- Strong attention to detail in daily tasks and projects, while also having the ability to see beyond the individual tasks and understand the broader impact and implications of activities on other cross-functional teams.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Power Point)
- Relevant experience in technology industry preferred.
- Experience in managing administrative aspects of sales and marketing planning is an asset.
- Experience with PowerBI is an asset
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Thanks for reading the full job profile – hope you are now ready to apply! We are excited to meet you.
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.