Primary owner of the business relationship with the customer, responsible for driving the customer’s success as defined by them.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Primary owner of the business relationship with the customer, responsible for driving the customer’s success as defined by them. Focus is on ensuring customer satisfaction and retention by driving customer adoption and stakeholder value.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Develop and manage a Customer Success Plan with the customer that articulates customer success goals, customer success measurement criteria, obstacles and risks
- Develop and manage a Customer Retention Plan that articulates the drivers of customer and product retention and associated risks
- Report against customer success criteria and manage initiatives to meet them
- Oversee execution of remediation items for the Customer Success Plan and Customer Retention Plan, and communicate the progress internally and externally
- Drive product adoption by setting adoption and usage targets with the customer that support their customer success goals
- Act as D2L business owner for renewal process
- Develop and manage an engagement model with the customer that expands and manages all key relationships within the customer and D2L
- Coordinate and conduct annual or bi-annual business reviews with the customer
- Serve as key stakeholder during Implementation phase and facilitate transition out of implementation to support
- Develop a consultative relationship with each customer and work in conjunction with other D2L teams and SMEs to provide solution planning and execution
- Educate clients on support channels, self-service tools, release processes, and other resources to drive operational self-sufficiency
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in technology required
- 5+ years experience in managing customer relationships and managing programs for learning management systems or related technologies
- Direct work with establishing strategic outcomes and measurements
- Deep experience with Higher Ed institutions, preferably with D2L or other LMSs
- Experience with business drivers for educators, students, business process owners, and organization executives
- Experience working with and presenting results to senior level executives
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with all levels of personnel up to and including C-Suite executives
- High energy level, demonstrated drive to succeed, and a sense of urgency
- Experience within a fast paced, growth organization is ideal
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- This position may require up to 30% travel
- Bilingual in Spanish and English essential
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.