We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join the Customer Marketing team to assist with initiatives, communications, and research.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
What would my main duties be?
Customer Marketing Initiatives and Event Coordination and Support
- Support and assist team with event coordination, administrative, and logistics duties for key event and advocacy experiences and customer marketing priorities, reporting, and enablement.
- Event support would include things like managing the Fusion and D2LExperience email inboxes, event data/lists/systems admin, event data/reporting and KPI tracking, coordinating and follow-up of cross-functional project tasks action/tasks, assisting with planning/set-up logistics for events, review and testing virtual event platforms and related tech, day-of event coordination and support, etc.
- Customer Marketing support would include things like advocacy system admin, coordinating project tasks and activities, reporting and KPI tracking, cross-functional task follow-up, project coordination, research, and assistance with program tasks.
Event and Customer Marketing Communications and Calendar Co-ordination –
- Aid cross-functional event communications and event calendar alignment
- Maintain event schedule and event communications schedule and customer marketing performance tracking
- Coordinate updates/changes and related communications with cross-functional communications leads (internal and external)
- Help to provide awareness and alignment of Events and Customer Marketing communication plan with other internal/external communications leads within D2L
Vendor and Venue Research and Sourcing
- Assist in in-person event venue sourcing and research
- Research virtual networking solutions/app vendors based on criteria provided
- Research unique swag giveaway, ‘event kit’, and exhibit booth vendors options and solutions based on goals provided
- Once vendors / venues identified, create a grid comparing the specific offerings and make recommendations on which would suggest proceeding with
- Coordinate sourcing and inventory monitoring of swag/giveaways/event kits and exhibit assets as needed to support our self-service event asset portal and various customer marketing and event activities.
Copywriting and Collateral Review and Copywriting –
- Event promotion and Customer Marketing and Event enablement asset creation support
- Copywriting for event website, customer marketing and event email campaigns, social and other digital event promotion, enablement toolkits, and other internal and external event and/or customer marketing communications and digital assets
- Coordinate the proper proofread and reviews of communication/copywriting
- Coordinate the creation, updating, and deployment of information updates, graphics, and supporting digital and print assets with appropriate internal groups and external vendors
Competitive Event and Customer Marketing Experience Research
- Visit the websites of key competitors and top events and customer marketing touchpoints and experiences both in and outside of our industry
- Take specific actions including visiting landing pages, registering and attending virtual events, requesting additional information, assets, etc. (specifics to be provided)
- Capture communications and advertising presented, what experiences they are providing to their customers, how their web pages and events are structured, what tools they are using, assets they provide, how they continue engagement throughout customer journey, etc.
Who are we looking for?
- Star student enrolled in marketing, communications, event management, or project management program with the following competencies:
- Advanced communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication writing and/or copywriting skills
- Exceptional organizational skills including multi-tasking and time management
- High attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly, think fast under pressure, and work independently in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with MS Excel and comfortable with learning new systems quickly
- Creative mindset and stamina to try new things and figure out how to continuously improve
- Experience with planning or coordinating cross-functional events, cross-functional projects, and/or communication writing would be an asset
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.