The Customer Demand Generation Manager mission is to elevate customer success and drive adoption, renewal and account expansion opportunities.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Customer Demand Generation Manager mission is to elevate customer success and drive adoption, renewal and account expansion opportunities. You will:
- Develop a very clear understanding of D2L’s value proposition framework, products, and services,
- Understand the customer experience, challenges, outcomes, and successes,
- Build clear insights into customers and amplify their success,
- Be a remarkable storyteller who has the right blend of empathy and advocacy,
- Build trust and relationships with customers,
- Understand the outcomes from each channel we use to engage customers and collaborate closely with the full go-to-market team to execute each campaign.
Growth is the primary focus for this role. Success will require building a clear understanding of campaign expectations and measuring performance of each channel and activity we use to reach our customers.
At a high-level:
- You will have a clear understanding of D2L’s value proposition framework, products, services, the market dynamics, and understand our customers.
- You will take a customer-centric view of how we solve their most important problems, including the value of the things that make D2L different – ROI models, case studies, and competitive comparisons.
- You will have a clear picture of how to reach our customers – who they are, what they read, what websites they visit, what events they attend, their associations – and how to drive loyalty and create advocates.
- Every customer you engage with should clearly understand how we can help solve their challenges.
- Work with the customer success, product marketing and other subject matter experts to build core assets and content to support our customer campaigns – on our website, social, blogs, webinars with clients, events, etc.
- Campaigns should speak to customer needs, amplify the voice of our existing customers speaking to their challenges and how D2L helps.
- You know how to tell a remarkable story and how to weave a narrative across multiple channels to deliver a truly integrated experience.
- You understand that delivering breakthrough results requires experimentation and, sometimes, failure.
- You recognize it takes many touchpoints with the right message to drive adoption, usage, loyalty, advocacy and expansion.
- You’ll close the loop the same day after an event – thanking and providing insights for attendees and inspiring those that missed the live event to attend the recording (ideally using our Capture technology).
- You will have a growth mindset, strong technical and data skills to build clear goals for each campaign.
- You'll strive to continually improve each campaign while sharing insights across the company.
- Lead the development of quarterly, and yearly customer marketing plans.
- Oversee the building campaign calendars, manage updates, and communicate changes.
- Communicate customer marketing activities, and results across the organization.
- Leverage existing customers stories to demonstrate D2Ls impact and credibility.
- Plan and execute a customer focused live/virtual event strategy.
- Meet or exceed quarterly customer pipeline generation targets.
- Measure the effectiveness of customer marketing to maximize the return on our marketing spend.
- Drive customer reviews on review platforms in collaboration with advocacy team.
- Create inbound and outbound customer journey campaigns that drive adoption, usage, loyalty, advocacy and expansion.
- Increase customer expansion opportunities and conversion rates for the sales team.
- Plan growth experiments and track results.
- Track performance, build reports, and identify optimization opportunities.
What you’ll bring to the role and what we expect:
- 5+ years of work experience working directly with customer is desired, customer success, marketing, or advocacy.
- Experience owning end-to-end execution of customer demand generation campaigns.
- Deep understanding of demand generation funnel (MQLs, SALs and SQLs) and metrics.
- Strong skillsets in lead generation, SEM, SEO, social media, content syndication, display advertising, content marketing, digital marketing and website optimization.
- Proficiency with Marketo, Salesforce, Demandbase, or similar technologies preferred, but not required.
- Ability to interpret data and that indicate optimization opportunities within the marketing funnel.
- Grit and curiosity to figure out how to continuously drive better results.
- Competitive nature with an unrelenting will to win.
- Ability to communicates complex information to others and presents succinct, well balanced information, with clear outcomes.
- Challenge status quo for a stronger end solution within the Marketing organization
- Support and make recommendations on programs, under guidance of your segment leader.
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.