D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
Every day, our software is used by millions of people around the world, and we are looking for individuals who share in our excitement and passion for transforming the way the world learns. At D2L, we believe that learning should be accessible and engaging. Our goal is to create easy, flexible, and smart software that ignites the desire to learn in everyone. To do this, we need to give talented, enthusiastic, and passionate people opportunities to create, develop, and collaborate on projects that revolutionize the learning environment.
This role will be instrumental in conceiving, defining, planning and executing a product strategy that directly contributes to our organization’s success in the Corporate Learning market. Applicants with market savvy about what buyers need and want in the Corporate Learning market segment will stand out. Applicants that hold a solutions mindset, rather than a feature function approach, will fit better in role.
They will be responsible for the success of the market segment for the product suite inclusive of services, partners, and content solutions.
They will have a strong background in ed tech, their market, market solutions, and in product management. The Corporate Product Management Director needs to tell the story of their market’s need with precision in a way the buyer connects the current solutions in the D2L suite to their current needs. You will need to capture the gaps in the market and clearly define how the suite can be improved to better address the buyers and the market's needs. We are looking for a cross-functional, highly collaborative, strategic thinker with the proven ability to deliver high-quality solutions to the market.
How will I make an impact?
As the market lead you will set the vision and direction for the corporate market and then work across the organization to guide, support and generally ensure world class execution. You will have broad accountability for the activity and results in the market and your responsibilities will be divided across four focus areas: customer, market, business, and product.
Customers: You will maintain a view of and work with both new and potential customers.
- Work with potential customers
- Support market analysis and targeting based on customer needs and product market fit
- Support sales process w/ presentations, strategy, RFPs, etc.
- Partner with sales enablement to keep our sales teams trained and appraised on the latest developments with our product and in the market.
- Maintain a view of most requested/needed market product feature priorities during the sales and pre-sales process – differentiators and gaps.
- Work with existing customers
- Partner with implementation teams to ensure best in class customer onboarding experience as evidenced in strong adoption.
- Track customer churn and retention and partner on appropriate strategies.
- Support Client Sales Executives in: 1) customer retention and 2) upsell of premium features and services
- Maintain a view of most requested/needed market product feature priorities – differentiators and gaps by participating in QBRs, customer advisory boards, and analyzing usage, NPS, and other customers data.
- Communicate and connect the dots cross-functionally to show the organization the impact they are having on our customers and sales process
Market: You will be the expert on your segment and markets.
- Competitors: Understand key competitors
- Value prop: Help to refine and maintain the value proposition as new features are released and changes occur in the market
- Personas: Understand the key buyer and user personas
- Needs: Map the product features and functionality to discrete needs in the markets
- SME: Be the subject matter expert on your market, the size, space, history. Maintain a point of view on its evolution
- Participate/drive market development in your segment
- Partner on sales enablement and GTM activities for releases, packages and products in your segment.
- Participating, as needed, in internal and external tradeshows to be the face of your segment.
- Business: You will map all the segment activity and priorities to business outcomes
- Help maximize business impact in your segment by prioritizing product feature development and cross organizational resource allocation.
- Partner in sales forecasting and tracking activities
- Maintain a 1,3,5-year growth plan for your segment
- Act as champion and liaison throughout the organization to communicate results and key segment priorities throughout organization
- Be the face of your segment and priorities with senior leadership
- Communicate and connect the dots cross-functionally to show the organization the impact they are having on our business
- Maintain a perspective on pricing. Drive/participate in internal reviews
- Track various segment goals and maintain a consolidated view of business results and the contribution the segment is making.
Product: Ensure the product meets the needs of your market segment.
- Influence the roadmap for your segment. Map product priorities to market needs and business opportunities.
- Support our partners team and ecosystem. Prioritize priority partnerships for your segment.
- Communicate audience specific segment views of the roadmap internally and externally
- Take point on build / buy / partner decisions in your segment.
- Align the products, product features, partners, service offerings into market ready offerings.
- Create and support business cases for new products or packages
- Maintain a view of all products in the segment and how they work together, relative importance in the portfolio, and the proposed evolution.
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- 8-10 years' experience in software product management with a minimum of 5 years of direct oversight over learning markets. Corporate learning market experience would be preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer-conversation skills including demo-god and public-speaking experience.
- Guru-level writing and slide skills a must.
- Ed tech Product Management experience focused on Corporate learning market would be advantageous.
- Ability to 100% own project initiatives and outcomes for these initiatives. Self-motivated and can operate and execute with a sense of urgency, discipline, decisiveness and focus.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed assigned targets, budgets and deadlines.
- Proven ability to confidently and clearly communicate both technical and business topics to a variety of groups, including customers, D2L senior leadership team, designers, architects and developers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with a cross-functional team consisting of Engineering, Design Architecture, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Collaboration, collaboration, collaboration
- Travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields of study.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why we're awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.