This role is crucial to ensuring Information Security has the useful technology tools to safeguard D2L’s customer and employee data.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Cloud Security Analyst will be responsible for the oversight of the firm’s Business Units (BUs) efforts to deploy solutions in Cloud environments.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT
- Works with AWS's native security tools to ensure D2L's environments are secure
- Identifies security gaps, and works with different teams within the organization to resolve them.
- Automates security business processes everywhere
- Conducts incident response analyses.
- Relevant skills include an understanding of business/technology risk, thought leadership in designing and executing cloud / technology controls that mitigate those risks, and ability to keep up-to date with the latest technologies and potential cyber-threats
- Work with developers and system architects on Cloud deployments to diagnose, document, and remediate deviations from security standards.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements.
- Contribute to the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of cloud security controls.
- Prepares security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains security by ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures set out by the ISO.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
WHAT IS D2L LOOKING FOR FROM ME?
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience with AWS Guard Duty, Security Hub, WAF/Shield and AWS Config
- 2+ years of demonstrable experience in architecting solutions within AWS using leading edge services
- 2+ years of experience in AWS log analysis
- 2+ years of experience with network protocols and packet analysis tooling
- 2+ years of experience with Python or similar AWS supported scripting language
- 1+ years experience with securing application deployments in AWS
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS
- CISSP or AWS Security Specialty Certification
- Experience securing WinOS/Linux environments
- Experience with IT or technology related compliance and risk management related frameworks included ISO 27001, 27018 and NIST 800-53
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.