As a Client Sales Executive, you will manage client relationships across multiple accounts, gain a deep understanding of your client’s needs and keep client satisfaction at an all-time high. You’re an expert in understanding customers strategic visions and are able to identify product and services to ensure their success. You are a go-getter, have a constant drive to succeed, love learning about others and take a proactive approach to identifying issues. In this role, you will keep your customers informed of the latest D2L products, services and events and effectively analyze their impacts on your customer. You will also meticulously manage renewals and take pride in surpassing industry leading retention standards.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
As a Client Sales Executive, you will manage client relationships across multiple accounts, gain a deep understanding of your client’s needs and keep client satisfaction at an all-time high. You’re an expert in understanding customers strategic visions and are able to identify product and services to ensure their success. You are a go-getter, have a constant drive to succeed, love learning about others and take a proactive approach to identifying issues.
In this role, you will keep your customers informed of the latest D2L products, services and events and effectively analyze their impacts on your customer. You will also meticulously manage renewals and take pride in surpassing industry leading retention standards.
HOW WILL I MAKE AN IMPACT?
- Exceed revenue objectives within your assigned territory
- Forecast and manage the end to end contract renewal process for your assigned territory while meeting book of business targets
- Identify revenue opportunities within each client account and forecast them accurately in the CRM
- Managing a complex, solution sale; moving the sale through the entire sales process
- Develop and maintain a territory plan for your assigned account base
- Conduct regular meetings with clients (on the phone and virtually) to foster the relationship and uncover or advance sales opportunities
- Effectively and efficiently deploy D2L resources at appropriate stages in the sales cycle to advance the sales process
- Productively work alongside other D2L stakeholders on the client’s account team
- Be well informed about current industry trends and be able to speak intelligently about the education industry while constantly striving to improve knowledge
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, product seminars, trade shows and conferences, variable by the seasonality of the business and need of individual sales cycles
- Occasional travel required (client sites and user conferences)
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- 3+ years in a sales-oriented account management role
- Client-facing experience in a sales, support or service related role
- Knowledge of Solution Selling Methodology
- Strong communication and presentation skills (phone, video, email and sometimes in person)
- Self-motivated committed to excellence and detail
- Experience with enterprise-level web-based applications
- Experience with learning-related enterprise systems (Learning Management Systems, Training and Assessment Systems, or similar) is an asset
- Bachelor's degree recommended (technical, business or education-related is ideal)
Why we’re awesome…
Key reasons you should apply:
- Supported to do the best work of your life
- Mission to transform the way the world learns
- #1 company in North America for Candidate Experience (beating out all the other companies you know). Plus, we have an amazing company that keeps winning awards for Most Admired Company Culture, Best Managed, Best Company for Young People, and so many others.
Plus, we also offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Two paid volunteer days
- Health and wellness programs
- Collaborative work environment
- Stock options
- Healthy snacks
- Gym on site
- Various committees including Environmental Advisory Committee and Social Committee
- And lots of other great benefits
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.