The Channel Account Manager will be responsible for meeting or exceeding sales objectives in the region by promoting and selling Desire2Learn products and services through channel partners.
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
The Channel Account Manager will be responsible for meeting or exceeding sales objectives in the region by promoting and selling Desire2Learn products and services through channel partners. Key job duties will include researching the market, handling incoming partner inquiries, partner integration, qualifying strategic business and product opportunities, and coordination with the ‘virtual teams’ required to turn these relationships into sustainable growth for Desire2Learn. The Channel Account Manager will have a passion for sales and education and demonstrate exceptional organization and prioritization skills.
How will I make an impact?
- Meeting and exceeding assigned quota for sales of Desire2Learn’s products and services through channel partners in region
- Understand the Desire2Learn Global Channel strategy, relationships, programs and objectives and how they relate to Desire2Learn sales
- Engaging and qualifying regional/product or vertical specific partners in accordance with the Desire2Learn Global Channel strategy
- Solidifying key relationships required to build and sustain a long term business relationship between Desire2Learn and the partner
- Accelerate adoption of Desire2Learn’s solutions in the target markets through marketing to partner’s prospects and clients, and leveraging complementary solution partners to offer products and services to a wider client-base
- Actively work with the partner sales team and scan the market to define market and customer requirements and future opportunities
- Leading the development and ongoing management of annual business plans with channel partners
- Overseeing day-to-day management and support for all aspects of business relationship with channel partners, including detailed channel pipeline management
- Managing multiple, complex, enterprise solution sales with a 6 month to 12 month sales cycle. Moving the sale through the entire sales process and actively engaging other Desire2Learn resources as necessary to ensure success
- Supporting prospecting as part of the regular routine ensuring new prospects are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis by the channel partners. Managing sales pipeline.
- Working closely with Marketing to develop and execute marketing plans and programs with channel partners
- Participating in the RFx process with channel partners
- Integrating and liaising between the channel partner and Desire2Learn Business Operations
- Providing basic technical demonstration and representation of the applicable products and services provided to the partner
- Continual learning about new products and improving selling skills. Understand the Desire2Learn Global Partner, strategy, relationships, programs and objectives and how they relate to Desire2Learn sales
- Being well informed about current industry trends and being able to talk intelligently about the education industry
- Pro-actively engage in local market competitive intelligence gathering, keeping abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Ensure all sales and prospect related information is entered into the applicable Desire2Learn systems, and communicated appropriately
- Attending and participating in sales meetings, product seminars and trade shows with channel partners
- Preparing written presentations, reports and price quotations in accordance with Desire2Learn processes
- Assisting with contract negotiation as required
- Supporting channel partners through prospect/customer visits
- Defining and executing yearly territory business plans. These plans must be reviewed on a quarterly basis by management
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5+ years’ experience in related role with a track record of success managing channel partner relationships, leading partner initiatives and developing/managing strategic or major accounts; particularly in the software and services solution area, ideally with experience in the education market.
- Demonstrated excellent communication with cross functional ‘virtual teams’ both inside Desire2Learn and the partner
- Strong account management and business planning skills
- Documented experience in the enterprise solution sales process, follow up implementation and management
- Solid leadership abilities to interface between business partners and internal key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of the eLearning market, general software market, and key players
- Experience leading partner initiatives and developing/managing strategic or major accounts
- Ability to impact, influence and make decisions
- Proven success in all aspects of sales including: prospecting, building a pipeline, moving opportunities through the sales cycle; proposing, presenting and discussing solutions with C-level and other decision-makers
- Ability to demonstrate sufficient technical aptitude to identify partnering opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Spanish and English and preferably Portuguese as a third language
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science/Engineering
- Graduate Degree preferred, preferably an MBA
Share this job
Disclaimer and Consent:
By clicking on the “Submit Application” button above, you acknowledge, agree and/or provide your explicit consent for the D2L family of companies
- to use the information you have provided for the purpose of considering and evaluating you as a candidate for employment with the D2L family of companies;
- to store your information on their vendor systems;
- to share your information within the D2L family of companies, their vendors, partners or other third parties for the purpose of processing your employment application; and
- to use your personal information to contact you in the future for any other suitable employment opportunities;
The D2L family of companies and its vendors, partners, and third parties and their systems may be located in jurisdictions different from your jurisdiction of residence.
For more information on how the D2L family of companies protects your privacy, please review D2L’s Privacy Statement.
D2L is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer that hires and attracts talent regardless of age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases. We draw on diversity of thought and experience to reflect the rich array of cultures representing our broad customer base and we seek talent with diversity of life experiences and perspectives from around the world. If you have special accessibility requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com and a member of our HR team will get back to you. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. D2L maintains a drug-free workplace.
To all recruitment agencies: D2L does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our HR alias e-mail address, to any D2L employee, or to other Desire2Learn e-mail addresses. D2L will not pay any fees related to unsolicited resumes.